wiring

M

michaelbach

Aug 26, 2013
So I wired up my glow whip, dome light, light bar and a led light under the dash. Everything is green besides the bar, it looks slick. Now....I had all this done for about a week and it worked great around the house. Went riding yesterday and everything was coming on even with switches off. I'm assuming something got wet, switches, terminal block etc. I used heat shrink everything. Was thinking about using some liquid electrical tape over everything, any ideas?

Realtreegrizzly

Realtreegrizzly

Jan 20, 2014
Let it dry good and pack the connections good with dielectric grease even pack the cracks of your switches. Then seal it with the liquid tape that will keep it from corroding.

M

michaelbach

Aug 26, 2013
Good idea thanks! You think that liquid tape will dry over the dielectric?

Realtreegrizzly

Realtreegrizzly

Jan 20, 2014
I would think so it should dry when the air hits it maybe not where it touches the grease but should make a hard coat over it.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!