P700 Won't Start -Electrical Issue?

W

WillMT

May 16, 2021
Montana
Ownership

1. 700-2
Hello,
My 2019 Pioneer 700 will not start. Heck, I got zero power. No dash display, lights, blinkers - nothing. Turn the key and zip. However, if I turn the lights on and throw the ignition the dash display flickers and I hear a buzz coming from the fuse box. It sounds like it's coming from the 4 retangular nodules next to the fuses.
I've has zero issues with this machine - in fact, it ran fine the weekend before. I have an appointment to take it into the shop buttons they are a few weeks out and I'm willing to dive in if I can get some experienced guidance.
Has anyone experienced this or can provide some theory?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Reactions: rtn001
H

HondaTech

Sounds like low battery.

Check voltage w/ key on and if that appears ok, then maybe the relays are at fault. Or a bad/loose connection.

W

WillMT

May 16, 2021
Montana
Ownership

1. 700-2
Sounds like low battery.

Check voltage w/ key on and if that appears ok, then maybe the relays are at fault. Or a bad/loose connection.
I should have mentioned that the battery is good. I checked it's charge first thing.
Can you point me in the right direction - where to find the relays?

Thanks!

H

HondaTech

I should have mentioned that the battery is good. I checked it's charge first thing.
Can you point me in the right direction - where to find the relays?

Thanks!

Did you check with the key on?

A battery can show good voltage until the load is applied. The relays are the 4 large squares next to the fuses under the hood.

Reactions: rtn001 and Mudwing
W

WillMT

May 16, 2021
Montana
Ownership

1. 700-2

A battery can show good voltage until the load is applied. The relays are the 4 large squares next to the fuses under the hood.
I did not but will go do that right now!
Relays; that's what's making the noise.

W

WillMT

May 16, 2021
Montana
Ownership

1. 700-2

Okay, so the battery had a 12 volt charge when I initially checked it. Now it's 7.5! And with the key on it drops to 1.5.
Putting it on the charger, again...

Glock21user

Glock21user

" Nothing succeeds like excess "
Lifetime Member
Dec 16, 2018
Livingston county, Mi.
Ownership

1. 700-4
Our 2019 700-4 had a bad battery right from the dealer.
Not 3 weeks and had to buy a new one.
No issues since

Roborlilw

Roborlilw

Lifetime Member
Dec 10, 2015
Tucson,Az
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
I was able to download and save the Shop Manual for my 1000-5 and troubleshoot some electrical gremlins I had.
It helped me a lot.
This forum is awesome for owners helping one another.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!