P500 Working on a exhaust silencer

Shadesmn

Shadesmn

Lifetime Member
Aug 19, 2015
Ramsey, MN
Ownership

1. 500
I modified the original silencer, just to make sure it worked ,before I made a whole new one. I am happy with it and will run it for awhile ,to see if it causes any issues!

Wow, thats a big difference just at idle. Curious how much it changes at speed.

C

Chooglin

That rocks Chooglin! You did turn them back, and open them up! I just thought it would look BA, actually functioning as a silencer is a bonus. Yeah, I'm curious how it will sound at speeds...following.
Not sure what you mean by "turn them back" the only thing different from the original is , I welded up all of the holes that I previously drilled and opened up the far end of the tube.

The origonal had 4 holes drilled in the bottom of the long tube and 3 hole drilled in each one of the tailpipes........tailpipes never changed , they always pointed toward the rear of the machine!

Anyway , I will test this one out and if goes well , I will make a new one..........this one is pretty hacked up now!

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Not sure what you mean by "turn them back" the only thing different from the original is , I welded up all of the holes that I previously drilled and opened up the far end of the tube.

The origonal had 4 holes drilled in the bottom of the long tube and 3 hole drilled in each one of the tailpipes........tailpipes never changed , they always pointed toward the rear of the machine!

Anyway , I will test this one out and if goes well , I will make a new one..........this one is pretty hacked up now!

Oh yeah, I went back and looked again, they were turned back. How far does that stick out in the back, exposed or protected?

C

Chooglin

Oh yeah, I went back and looked again, they were turned back. How far does that stick out in the back, exposed or protected?
If it was mounted on a stock machine with no bumper , it would become the bumper.....lol. it would be right out in the open.

My bumper will protect it though!

Reactions: JCart and trigger
C

Chooglin

I played around with this some more today. I really want the exhaust to exit the two tailpipes, so I tried a couple things to try to quiet it down , with no luck!

The way it is now ,it's really not any louder but it does have a deeper/throaty sound to it.

I think I am just going to leave it as is , because I like the looks of it!

20170819 185439 20170819 191545 20170819 191612

C

Chooglin

I made up some exhaust tips that will go in the end of each tailpipe. These have a smaller opening in them , so I hope this is the ticket to making it quiet.

I will get them installed tonight and give these a try. Even if they don't help any , it will give it that cool factor........I think I will be painting the tips yellow also!
20170823 075413

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!