P500 Working on a exhaust silencer

C

Chooglin

This is as far as I got today , I should finish it up tomorrow.............this thing Is super quiet!
20170812 132840 20170812 132824 20170812 132900
Pay no attention to that bungy cord :)

Last edited by a moderator:
C

Chooglin

Does it create much back pressure, thereby affecting power noticeably?
I figured someone would ask that , I really don't know yet ,because I haven't finished it yet.

The new pipe is larger than the stock exhaust tip , so I think it should be fine.I should know more some time tomorrow.

I

Ichybod

Apr 25, 2015
Tucson, Arizona
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-3
I figured someone would ask that , I really don't know yet ,because I haven't finished it yet.

The new pipe is larger than the stock exhaust tip , so I think it should be fine.I should know more some time tomorrow.
Now the burning question: If successful, will you be making them for the honda.sxs members? No pressure, mind you.

Reactions: Miss_Oak
luckymike

luckymike

Lifetime Member
Sep 5, 2016
michigan
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Looks nice,small profile.is that a home made rear bumper?

O

oldfortyfive

Lifetime Member
Dec 6, 2015
Illinois
Ownership

1. 500
So basically your adding an extended Tee to the tailpipe?

Reactions: rocmar
C

Chooglin

So basically your adding an extended Tee to the tailpipe?
Ya pretty much ,I hope to post a video tomorrow to show how quiet it gets when you put the tube on!

I will most likely drill mutiple holes in the bottom of the tube to allow the exhaust to escape along with one hole drilled in each tailpipe

Reactions: rocmar
advertisement
rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Nice mod...
props...to you
waiting on. The vid..

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
I think I failed on this one , unless I can figure something out.

I drilled to many holes in the tube.........this thing sounds like a helicopter now.
STOP THE CAR....
your next mod....
ROTORY blades...

Reactions: Chooglin
rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500

I drilled to many holes in the tube.........this thing sounds like a helicopter now.
Hang in there...bro
...ya learn way more....from
your fu-- ups....
than from your wins...
....you'll finger it out...

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500

Keep trying Choog...thought I wanted an HMF to make mine sound BA but after hearing other machines, I'd rather go quiet. Preferably something that is just bolt on. ;)

C

Chooglin

Keep trying Choog...thought I wanted an HMF to make mine sound BA but after hearing other machines, I'd rather go quiet. Preferably something that is just bolt on. ;)
I,m going to try something different, I think I screwed up by drilling holes in the tube and capping both ends of the tube.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I,m going to try something different, I think I screwed up by drilling holes in the tube and capping both ends of the tube.

Maybe bend those tubes back like a dual exhaust or do you think opening it up like that will make it louder? Would give it more air flow anyway?

Reactions: rocmar and Chooglin
C

Chooglin

I think it would be louder. If you take a straight tube (1 1/2 feet long) and just slide it over the stock muffler tailpipe, you won't believe how quiet it gets.

You obviously can't run it that way , but by making it 90 degrees to the tailpipe, you can.

I am going to make a new one and just cap the end closest to the tailpipe and leave the far end open!

Reactions: trigger and rocmar
R

Rustell

Years ago, when we would have to pass a sound test on our Enduro bikes, we would take a piece of a motorcycle inner tube and slide one end over the muffler.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!