drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I picked up a bucket of restore deck resurfacer this morning and got busy on my hauler. Rather than put down another coat of stain like I've done in the past I used this abrasive style goo from Lowes. It went on real smooth and it's drying in the garage just in case it rains overnight. I really need to get after the steel surfaces too and get them painted again. Local tire store had a sale on 10 ply trailer tires so I got 4 of those put on too. Also repacked the wheel bearings. Hadn't done that in a couple of years... Dayyum, I've been busy today! If my parts get here tomorrow I'll tackle the snorkel. Only thing I'm worried about on that is getting the hole right in the hood.
20160711 161745
Installed the cup holders. These are much better than the originals... And being stainless they look a lot nicer.
20160711 163255

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Don't worry about messing up the hood it's a cheap fix.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I picked up a bucket of restore deck resurfacer this morning and got busy on my hauler. Rather than put down another coat of stain like I've done in the past I used this abrasive style goo from Lowes. It went on real smooth and it's drying in the garage just in case it rains overnight. I really need to get after the steel surfaces too and get them painted again. Local tire store had a sale on 10 ply trailer tires so I got 4 of those put on too. Also repacked the wheel bearings. Hadn't done that in a couple of years... Dayyum, I've been busy today! If my parts get here tomorrow I'll tackle the snorkel. Only thing I'm worried about on that is getting the hole right in the hood.
View attachment 18139
Installed the cup holders. These are much better than the originals... And being stainless they look a lot nicer.
View attachment 18141
I think @sharp meant replacement. Cut twice measure once. Follow joeys recommendations it's easy

Reactions: drfubar
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Said he used a laser pointer to get the center but does it show through the hood from underneath?
Yes with the lights dim.

Reactions: drfubar
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Replacement
You know I've had to buy a couple replacement things and am pretty pleased actually on the prices. Even my guy at the dealer says it's reasonable

Reactions: sharp and drfubar
moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
View attachment 18139
View attachment 18141
Where did the cup holders come from?

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Yeah right. Apparently you haven't purchased a 40+ dollar air filter yet lmao.

Good thing it's got such a long service life. I thought I was quoted something like 26 though.

Sent from iPhone

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Good thing it's got such a long service life. I thought I was quoted something like 26 though.

Sent from iPhone
I'm not surprised. My local dealer is pretty small and little on the expensive side. I still try to throw them some business every now and then.

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Idk if my filter was toast or not, but after it got wet I replaced it anyway just to be safe. Was like 43 bucks and change

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm not surprised. My local dealer is pretty small and little on the expensive side. I still try to throw them some business every now and then.
I don't know any of the mechanics they have now so probably take it back to Chattanooga if I ever need warranty work. I used to do side jobs for local guys. Jobs that didn't exactly fall into their normal stuff (air shifters and did a couple nitrous installs).

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!