Wrecked my truck

JohnNH

JohnNH

Aug 14, 2016
Ownership

1. 700-4
Taking my 4 yr old daughter to preschool this morning had my wife and 1 yr old son with us. Well the roads where very icy so we turned around to go home, we live up a long steep hill so as we are creeping by a side st the truck starts to slide sideways down the side st that is also a steep hill I was able to get the truck straight facing up hill but then started sliding backwards down the hill and hit a utility pole at the bottom thank god nobody was hurt not even the pole except my truck it pushed my Reese hitch down and in bending my bumper and tailgate and bendingy frame on both sides. I can fix it but to damn broke right now with my father passing last month and the holidays. I ask my friends and family for help and they just blow me off. Mind you on an almost monthly basis some of them are always asking for money or for help fixing their car or house. So now I'm pretty pissed off. This is my work truck I use to haul wood or do side work my wife uses to go to work. We do have another truck to use thank goodness until I can fix this one but its going to suck when we have doctors to go to when my daughter is school or try to work. I only have liability on it.

IMG 20161129 161119055 IMG 20161129 161154310 IMG 20161129 161216746 IMG 20161129 161329505 IMG 20161129 161452774

Reactions: CumminsPusher
sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Taking my 4 yr old daughter to preschool this morning had my wife and 1 yr old son with us. Well the roads where very icy so we turned around to go home, we live up a long steep hill so as we are creeping by a side st the truck starts to slide sideways down the side st that is also a steep hill I was able to get the truck straight facing up hill but then started sliding backwards down the hill and hit a utility pole at the bottom thank god nobody was hurt not even the pole except my truck it pushed my Reese hitch down and in bending my bumper and tailgate and bendingy frame on both sides. I can fix it but to damn broke right now with my father passing last month and the holidays. I ask my friends and family for help and they just blow me off. Mind you on an almost monthly basis some of them are always asking for money or for help fixing their car or house. So now I'm pretty pissed off. This is my work truck I use to haul wood or do side work my wife uses to go to work. We do have another truck to use thank goodness until I can fix this one but its going to suck when we have doctors to go to when my daughter is school or try to work. I only have liability on it.

View attachment 27471 View attachment 27472 View attachment 27473 View attachment 27474 View attachment 27476
Hang in there man. What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger.

Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member

View attachment 27471 View attachment 27472 View attachment 27473 View attachment 27474 View attachment 27476
Sorry this happened to you brother. It is stressful, but thankfully you and your family are safe!

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4

Good luck dude, best wishes for you and yours!

Reactions: JohnNH
BKopp

BKopp

Sep 26, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I agree. Flatbed with hitch in it. 2 birds one stone

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Reactions: JohnNH
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!