VaHillbilly

VaHillbilly

NTC immigrant gardner
Supporting Member
Nov 16, 2018
Sw VA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I think a lot of the rust that some rigs suffer from is from clogged up drain holes and dirt sitting on the backside of things.
If you compare some trucks that have been in the same area all thier life, one has waisted doors and boxsides the one next to it is perfect. My ‘98 Cummins 400k miles lived its life here in Spokane with heavy snow and deicer never garaged, never had rust. I know of plenty that have. Some body styles it’s how it was washed. I think some are worse then others for having bad designs where dirt can collect and be hard to clean out.
As far as cars having s***ty metal, yes there are different qualities of steel but regardless of what people think steel has continued to get much better quality since the ol cars people refer to, more rust resistance and stronger however it is thinner.
Agreed totally you know when to wash yours and its strengths and weakness unlike most! Today's cars are definitely safer with less metal

That is very interesting. hate to see that 59 end up like that though

VaHillbilly

VaHillbilly

NTC immigrant gardner
Supporting Member
Nov 16, 2018
Sw VA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Read where gm is selling these overseas but wont stateside. Imo they look 10 times better than what we can buy in the states. Article said all brands are only selling "work" versions of regular cab pickups anymore. Sometimes they do some dumb stuff!

Screenshot 20190813 215923 Chrome

Reactions: BWAF and Mudwing
BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Read where gm is selling these overseas but wont stateside. Imo they look 10 times better than what we can buy in the states. Article said all brands are only selling "work" versions of regular cab pickups anymore. Sometimes they do some dumb stuff!

View attachment 154764
That's is dumb in my work truck needs the ext cab for all my work stuff

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

P

PNWGuy

Saw a new Chevy Silverado yesterday. Threw up a little in my mouth. My girlfriend was with me and I pointed it out and she agreed that it was hideous.

Of course, I bought one of the coolest looking and most capable SUVs a month or so ago. The 2019 Toyota 4Runner...

IMG 20190824 121916818 HDR

P

PNWGuy

OK. I admit that they are controversial as well. Keep having visions of Predator and Star Wars every time I look at it, lol.

Reactions: Mudwing

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!