X4 or P1k5

W

warrn61

Nov 9, 2017
SW Michigan
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Hello, I'm warrn61

Right now I am having a hard time deciding between the X4 and P1K5, I was all set to buy the Honda then my dealer called and said they were getting an X4 in this weekend. It will be used for hunting, plowing snow and fast trail riding. I am assuming either machine will need better suspension added. From the pictures I like the layout and bucket seats in the X4 better. Hopefully I will get a chance to ride one this weekend. They have a new P1K5 Deluxe for $14,300 and said the X4 SE will be $17,300. For $3K price difference I can put suspension, windshield, winch and plow on the Honda...

Here is a little info about me to begin with!
Honda SxS ownership : No, but I am looking to buy
I have owned, or currently own the following: ATV, Motorcycle
My off-road experience level is: Skilled
My favorite place to ride is: Michigan

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Owning a 1000 for a couple years and have driven the x4. I saw no advantage to the x4. I do really like the front seat set up with console With the x4 ill give it that hands down but you loose the 3rd seat obviously. Other than that i like the pioneer more everywhere else. More power, more suspension, and can be had for alot less.

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If you said nothing about hunting and working with it I would say the x3 MIGHT be better at fast trail riding than the Honda. It definitely doesn’t compare in the utility needs of a sxs. The rear bed is a joke with the seat rails in the floor. Load wood in there and haul it around. I hope you have a tiny vacuum to clean out the seat rails so they are full of wood. I like the x4 a lot but think that rear seat setup is a joke.

Glad to have you. Good luck on your decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Welcome to the forum there is a lot of good information and people on here.

Reactions: Plumber32
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hello, I'm warrn61

Right now I am having a hard time deciding between the X4 and P1K5, I was all set to buy the Honda then my dealer called and said they were getting an X4 in this weekend. It will be used for hunting, plowing snow and fast trail riding. I am assuming either machine will need better suspension added. From the pictures I like the layout and bucket seats in the X4 better. Hopefully I will get a chance to ride one this weekend. They have a new P1K5 Deluxe for $14,300 and said the X4 SE will be $17,300. For $3K price difference I can put suspension, windshield, winch and plow on the Honda...

Here is a little info about me to begin with!
Honda SxS ownership : No, but I am looking to buy
I have owned, or currently own the following: ATV, Motorcycle
My off-road experience level is: Skilled
My favorite place to ride is: Michigan

You could look for a previous year model Honda and save a bunch simply because its a previous year model, if its a 16 or 17, just have the clutch update done before deal is finished and she's bulletproofed. I saved about 15% off simply by waiting to warehouse inventories got low enough.

Welcome to the forum.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!