P1000m5 xtremegard extended warranty

Bouvierbogger

Bouvierbogger

Dec 28, 2015
Springport, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hello,
This is my first post. I bought a 2017 Pioneer 1000-5 last week. Took it to the Silver Lake sand dunes for four days. I love this thing. Exceeded our expectations! Showed up with 3 miles and left with 106. Did my first service yesterday.

My question is the dealer sold me Xtremgard powersports extended warranty and T want to know if anyone have used it and is it as good as the Honda warranty?

Thanks

J

JTW

Dude.. I just saw a thing in 60 minutes about them and how they're a total ripoff!

R

rkwerner

Jun 15, 2017
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I would check the price difference and coverage. I know when I bought mine they sold me the Honda warranty and told me it is the same warranty you get for the first year. I was able to extend it to 5 years for $1000. If nothing else I bought it to try and ensure that I don't have any issues for 5+ years because that is how warranties work right?

Reactions: Jimmy-AZ
J

Jimmy-AZ

Lifetime Member
May 9, 2017
Gold Canyon, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
First of all welcome to the club, now down to business.

I also bought the factory 5 year extended warranty on my P1k-5 LE but have not needed to use it. I have heard some disturbing stories of after market warranties. That is why I went with the factory one as they said no deductibles and the same warranty as the factory first year that comes with a new machine.

Like rkwerner said, check them out as much as you can and read the fine print

Reactions: CumminsPusher
J

JTW

Come on JTW. Don't scare the crap out of him.
Lol.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk
It's a warranty... I haven't had great luck with warranties and feel it's hit or miss with whether they choose to cover or not. An extended warranty will just be even worse.

pct

pct

Lost in the hills
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 10, 2016
Letart WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome from WV and it is only starting these guys are crazy and a great bunch always there to help

Reactions: joeymt33

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!