Choogsbro

Choogsbro

CEO of Monkey Business
Lifetime Member
Mar 20, 2018
Monticello, Ky
Ownership

1. Other Brand
They needed to put the 850 into the R-spec chassis. the X2 has less travel and probably the same cramped cockpit as the x4. Also it probably has the same rev and speed limiter as the X4. As a Yamaha owner I'M a bit disappointed.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Pre-wired for a GPS....seriously if that is a big selling point then I guess I'm not the target audience. I guess I like to ride way more than I like to get somewhere with my off road activities.
hahaha...
Your right, 3 features mentioned.
847 cc
600lb cargo dump bed.
and prewired for a $800 gps.

Last edited:
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Digging into this "adventure pro".
Its an integrated system vehicle system giving you stats on water temp, oil temp, rps's, and lots of other things.
"If" it has the ability to control lights, 4x4, winch, and a few additional accessories that would be a cool selling point. But, I didn't see anything saying that. Still looking.

Reactions: Plumber32
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Digging into this "adventure pro".
Its an integrated system vehicle system giving you stats on water temp, oil temp, rps's, and lots of other things.
"If" it has the ability to control lights, 4x4, winch, and a few additional accessories that would be a cool selling point. But, I didn't see anything saying that. Still looking.

Sure would be nice if Honda had something like this that also had the ability to share location like Orux/Ride command and communicate with high output ham or MURS. Finding good quality equipment and mounting it all up is even when you’re somewhat knowledgeable a PITA.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Speed limited, and less travel. It's b.s. the r spec is awsome just needed a little more power. Suprised to see they dropped the 708 completely and went back to 686 on the grizzly !

Reactions: CumminsPusher
DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
I was afraid this would happen. The engine and dumping bed seem to be the only steps foward.

The complete abandonment of the 708 is also interesting, though as @lee suggested, it could be an emissions thing. The yam guys say the the 708 is actually mfg by Subaru, which I assume means Fuji, so maybe that had something to do with it.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!