Looks like the best deal out of all of them. Great find @txsufer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

txsurfer

txsurfer

Sep 2, 2016
Santa Fe , TX
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thx I PM him and he said it would fit the deluxe M5 as well (I figured it would). May have pick one up soon

Reactions: Ridem32
ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yup.. I agree with @Jshell3 but you have options.. and that's a good thing! I'd go with aluminum or 1/2 UHMW. I wouldn't consider 3/8!!

I'd only avoid 3/8 on skid plates designed with lap joints. I agree the machined overlaps are too thin when you cut down the 3/8" material. If you're serious about sliding over obstacles, skipping joints and multiple pieces is the best idea.

Elkhunter

Elkhunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 17, 2013
Minnesota
I

don't want to sound too ignorant here
, but what does UHMW stand for. Will be getting skid plates, want to know my options. Thank you grandpaMichael

Ultra-high-molecular-weight polyethylene (UHMWPE, UHMW) is a subset of the thermoplastic polyethylene. Also known as high-modulus polyethylene, (HMPE), or high-performance polyethylene (HPPE), it has extremely long chains, with a molecular mass usually between 3.5 and 7.5 million[1]amu. The longer chain serves to transfer load more effectively to the polymer backbone by strengthening intermolecular interactions. This results in a very tough material, with the highest impact strength of any thermoplastic presently made.[2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Ultra-high-molecular-weight polyethylene (UHMWPE, UHMW) is a subset of the thermoplastic polyethylene. Also known as high-modulus polyethylene, (HMPE), or high-performance polyethylene (HPPE), it has extremely long chains, with a molecular mass usually between 3.5 and 7.5 million[1]amu. The longer chain serves to transfer load more effectively to the polymer backbone by strengthening intermolecular interactions. This results in a very tough material, with the highest impact strength of any thermoplastic presently made.[2]

Well that's the way to beat around the bush!!!!! :););):)

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!