Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Nope. I was thinking more like either a 1000-5 or ten M1a's or 50 Mosins or a truckload of chocolate Moose.......
Your 10 M1’s are still cheaper than a new P1 lol I wish those M1’s would come down. I should have bought a few some years ago when they were 200$, most are over 1k now.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Since you guys are talking tractors. I restored this guy 13 yrs ago. It’s a 48’ my father-in-law was the second owner in 62’. I had to pull the motor and completely rebuild it cuz it sat in a chicken coop for 10 hrs before I got it. it’s a working tractor. I use to plow my drive with it but I have a plow for my truck now. It mainly stays at my cabin. I use it to cut the gras with a Finnish mower and do the food plots. All the implements are original the old man got with it when he bought it except the Finnish mower that I bought. There’s even a plow c of my wife on this thing when she was 4 lol.
74627562 969D 426C A6A0 E8595832488A
4BD5B0C7 640F 47CD BDF0 68E5575CCD91
C1559EA8 6040 4CB7 BCD6 E88EA840DC84
9C0350D8 079E 4845 B146 CF750CE9E5E1

jwfirebird

jwfirebird

Sep 23, 2018
western ny
Ownership

1. 700-2
pretty nice, 8n was the first tractor I ever drove, grandpa had a hobby farm and I drove the wagon when I was wasn't that old and everyone else had to pick and throw thought I was pretty hot as a kid. neighbor just bought one restored like that, doesn't use it really but to put around the kids. they have an old international that was his wifes dads same deal. don't really get that cause you cant use it that much

C

Chooglin

Since you guys are talking tractors. I restored this guy 13 yrs ago. It’s a 48’ my father-in-law was the second owner in 62’. I had to pull the motor and completely rebuild it cuz it sat in a chicken coop for 10 hrs before I got it. it’s a working tractor. I use to plow my drive with it but I have a plow for my truck now. It mainly stays at my cabin. I use it to cut the gras with a Finnish mower and do the food plots. All the implements are original the old man got with it when he bought it except the Finnish mower that I bought. There’s even a plow c of my wife on this thing when she was 4 lol. View attachment 96576 View attachment 96577View attachment 96579 View attachment 96578
I love these older tractors , I have always wanted to restore one. Looks like you did a great job restoring this one.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
pretty nice, 8n was the first tractor I ever drove, grandpa had a hobby farm and I drove the wagon when I was wasn't that old and everyone else had to pick and throw thought I was pretty hot as a kid. neighbor just bought one restored like that, doesn't use it really but to put around the kids. they have an old international that was his wifes dads same deal. don't really get that cause you cant use it that much
When I first got it done it was my baby. I’m a Ford man so it was fitting to have it and a great pleasure that he thought of me when the chicken coop was coming down for a larger barn for the combine. Ironically one of my buddy’s at the farm owns Skips repair in Hamburg that’s all they do is old Ford Tractors and sell parts. He guided me with the proper colors and I swapped some HVAC work for some parts I needed. When the hydronic piston pump went out we took one out of a Jubalee that actually fits and stronger and instilled it, it’s whats still in there today. I use to drive it in fourth or July parades for a few years, but the hassle of interning it and just plane getting it there was a pain. But she’s where she gets the most use now. I also converted it to 12volt. Much easier to start Up here in the north temps. I don’t have a back hoe but I have a 3piont rear scoop for it that I use.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I love these older tractors , I have always wanted to restore one. Looks like you did a great job restoring this one.
Really nice job on the restore!
Thanks guys. It took some work. I was just doing it cuz of the love of the thing and I needed a flat blad plow and something to brush hawg at the farm. It turned out to be more than that in the end:)

Reactions: Chooglin
jwfirebird

jwfirebird

Sep 23, 2018
western ny
Ownership

1. 700-2
a lot of farms and tractors around, I do work on tractors or atvs, whatever someone wants, nice to get out of the house. but the old fords are certainly the easiest to work on and cheapest to get parts. I had a 50s massey backhoe for a while and it was always the biggest chore to get parts for.was the coolest thing though all the stuff they thought of for such an early tractor(seat moved with the arm, big diesel fired up like any modern one, bunch of other stuff) but the fords are about the same as getting a part for your modern car the aftermarket is that good for that stuff

another guy I know runs his family farm and restores tractors for people, well hes got a few people working for him too but hes got quite a few too, I just never had the desire for restoration. I have an 87 firebird I bought when it was 4 years old all the things I did to it are go not show. Its getting pretty rough too but I buy things too use not set in the garage it was my only car for 6 or 7 years, just had a beater nov to feb most of those years

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
When I first got it done it was my baby. I’m a Ford man so it was fitting to have it and a great pleasure that he thought of me when the chicken coop was coming down for a larger barn for the combine. Ironically one of my buddy’s at the farm owns Skips repair in Hamburg that’s all they do is old Ford Tractors and sell parts. He guided me with the proper colors and I swapped some HVAC work for some parts I needed. When the hydronic piston pump went out we took one out of a Jubalee that actually fits and stronger and instilled it, it’s whats still in there today. I use to drive it in fourth or July parades for a few years, but the hassle of interning it and just plane getting it there was a pain. But she’s where she gets the most use now. I also converted it to 12volt. Much easier to start Up here in the north temps. I don’t have a back hoe but I have a 3piont rear scoop for it that I use.
Wish I still had my 1939 9N, I’d bring it to you for a restore.

KYhillbilly

KYhillbilly

Jan 4, 2017
Ashland, KY
Ownership

1. 500
Since you guys are talking tractors. I restored this guy 13 yrs ago. It’s a 48’ my father-in-law was the second owner in 62’. I had to pull the motor and completely rebuild it cuz it sat in a chicken coop for 10 hrs before I got it. it’s a working tractor. I use to plow my drive with it but I have a plow for my truck now. It mainly stays at my cabin. I use it to cut the gras with a Finnish mower and do the food plots. All the implements are original the old man got with it when he bought it except the Finnish mower that I bought. There’s even a plow c of my wife on this thing when she was 4 lol. View attachment 96576 View attachment 96577View attachment 96579 View attachment 96578
My grandfather had one just like it that i used to use from the time i was big enough to push the clutch in. I would love to find it and restore it. That looks great.

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
After just getting home from riding with a buddy with a led light bar, now looking for small to mid size one for roof line to work with OEM roof. Time to do some forum thread searches! Good 30 mile ride in rocky steep hills, 1st and 2nd gear, and that locker was pulling like crazy during the bouncing. Glad I had the Homda seat belt sholder pads, great for $10. Clean up time. And as for small tractors, dug this 5 ft deep pond with Kubota B7800.

5BF6A9C4 B4C3 4228 AE49 FE88C3BE749F A51706E4 0364 4C70 9E4C 9E8498B6C10B

D

Duckhunt

After just getting home from riding with a buddy with a led light bar, now looking for small to mid size one for roof line to work with OEM roof. Time to do some forum thread searches! Good 30 mile ride in rocky steep hills, 1st and 2nd gear, and that locker was pulling like crazy during the bounching! Clean up time.

View attachment 96619
I actually have a 13" Blazer spot/flood combo, similar to Honda's, that I'm very impressed with. I have it mounted underneath to the roof with rubber and ss fender washers. A week ago I just bought the 13" Blazer double row and if it doesn't match up exactly I'll be just fine keeping the single 13" on it. It's night and day (thank you) brighter than stock headlights, but what isn't. I also have two bright spots on the front bumper too that help.
Blazer International LED 13 in. Single Row Light Bar, Spot/Flood Beam at Tractor Supply Co.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Thanks @Duckhunt , main reason is for visibility to other approaching riders as local trails are hilly and two way direction, so a smaller one would work. Thinking of a higher mounted light might help over crest of wooded hills. Will check it out.

C

Chooglin

After just getting home from riding with a buddy with a led light bar, now looking for small to mid size one for roof line to work with OEM roof. Time to do some forum thread searches! Good 30 mile ride in rocky steep hills, 1st and 2nd gear, and that locker was pulling like crazy during the bouncing. Glad I had the Homda seat belt sholder pads, great for $10. Clean up time. And as for small tractors, dug this 5 ft deep pond with Kubota B7800.

View attachment 96619 View attachment 96620
How long did it take to dig the pond ?

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
How long did it take to dig the pond ?
About a week on and off, ripper with Box scrape, and front end loader. During a dry spell, some in-progress pics with the P500. Fun burning diesel. No problem filling it, Mother Nature brought the water and fish.

1BE3B9F6 CBC7 4FED 86CB 85DD51E4C06C D21193CF 4516 4A91 8232 0238ADEACACD DBB419B0 ECD6 4774 9202 0D56F2C998C1 4C95AA27 E2A2 455A B53F 1C16AB523607

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!