1. 500
DSC00701

DSC00701 DSC00702 DSC00703 DSC00705

70Bones

70Bones

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2017
New Brunswick Canada
Since you guys are talking tractors. I restored this guy 13 yrs ago. It’s a 48’ my father-in-law was the second owner in 62’. I had to pull the motor and completely rebuild it cuz it sat in a chicken coop for 10 hrs before I got it. it’s a working tractor. I use to plow my drive with it but I have a plow for my truck now. It mainly stays at my cabin. I use it to cut the gras with a Finnish mower and do the food plots. All the implements are original the old man got with it when he bought it except the Finnish mower that I bought. There’s even a plow c of my wife on this thing when she was 4 lol. View attachment 96576 View attachment 96577View attachment 96579 View attachment 96578
Since you'alls talking tractors, here's mine. 1984 IH 484.
Tractor

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I haven’t been over here in 500 land for awhile, just stopped in to say hi. How many p5’s are coming to the takeover? Just got word the other day that my old p5 is going to be there. I might have to trade for a few hours so I can drive her again lol. ;)

C

Chooglin

I haven’t been over here in 500 land for awhile, just stopped in to say hi. How many p5’s are coming to the takeover? Just got word the other day that my old p5 is going to be there. I might have to trade for a few hours so I can drive her again lol. ;)
I'll be there

Reactions: Remington
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
I’ve got a couple big John Deere’s but just picked this up to use in the family cemetery, install culverts about the ranch, dig holes to plant trees, etc...,

230 hours, 15K

62751337 6092 4C61 AEAB EF0553B3F161
3ED1D604 EE97 48BA BC42 2B383910B4BA

jwfirebird

jwfirebird

Sep 23, 2018
western ny
Ownership

1. 700-2
thats a pretty good deal
i like the size of the cut/30hp, thats why got mine. you can get it in all of areas and light enough to not destroy anything but you can run 6ft stuff pretty easy

Reactions: Montecresto
lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
While we are waiting for my go to guys to post up there p5 exploits I thought i would participate in the tractor discussion.

My wife raises dairy feeders so she knows what is in our food.
With the kids out of the house it seams we can go a year between with out the freezer going empty.
So I have 2 acres of hay and 2 acres of corn.
And in the off years a lot of bush-hogging.

DEFFC624 B64F 4CB1 AFB0 5DC6265E711A

It's a '49 Ferguson.
Great little tractor and like the one on a farm I worked on as a teen in Australia.
Slowly I have been undoing the updates it's had over the years.
Recently took off the wide front tires and applied single rib 4x19 fronts.

Also, I love the absolute lack of a ROPS and warning labels.
Same feeling as riding my 3-wheeler, like I'm thumbing my nose at the 'man'.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
While we are waiting for my go to guys to post up there p5 exploits I thought i would participate in the tractor discussion.

With the kids out of the house it seams we can go a year between with out the freezer going empty.

View attachment 96897

It's a '49 Ferguson.
Great little tractor and like the one on a farm I worked on as a teen in Australia.

Cool tractor and on that nice level land I can see how you’re good without ROPS. Absolutely not optional on the terrain I operate on. Is that a gas or diesel??

nctrailboss

nctrailboss

Supporting Member
Jun 30, 2018
north carolina
Ownership

1. 500
Well,since this turned into "tractor discussions",I'll post a public service announcement."Don't operate a tractor with auto-steer if you are feeling drowsy".....If you fall asleep,RTK auto-steer does not know a 20ft. deep canal is ahead.Almost killed one of our drivers as he flew through the windshield and landed in the bottom of the canal with the front wheels still turning full-song.23658850 10210411416817461 7789108291892190066 n nc cat100 nc htscontent iad3 1

Remington

Remington

Sheriff Chief POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X

View attachment 96897

It's a '49 Ferguson.

Cool tractor and on that nice level land I can see how you’re good without ROPS. Absolutely not optional on the terrain I operate on. Is that a gas or diesel??
Should be gas Monte. That tractor is very close to mine and the same Sherman transmission but with some minor changes.
I like the solid gray tractors like the 9N’s and the furgasons like yours lee. The single ribbed tires grip well and help in rows. Does yours have a road gear? Mine has a 4th gear “road gear” she’ll go 40 at top speed but she’s scary as hell like that lol. The no warning labels brings you back to a time of actually paying attention to your actions and The Who cares what you think, I know what I’m doing! I love that.

lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
No road gear, tops out at 10 mph.
There is always the big debate, load it on the trailer or road it when I need to run it over to Dads place 5 miles away.
It it is kind, of fun puttering along driving over.

It's also fun when you line up with the last futtow, drop a single bottom plow in to the Ohio clay and pull the throttle all the way back,for another pass plowing the field.
Where else do you get to run a vehicle at full song - even if it is just 1.2 mph in 1st gear.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
Should be gas Monte. That tractor is very close to mine and the same Sherman transmission but with some minor changes.
I like the solid gray tractors like the 9N’s and the furgasons like yours lee. The single ribbed tires grip well and help in rows. Does yours have a road gear? Mine has a 4th gear “road gear” she’ll go 40 at top speed but she’s scary as hell like that lol. The no warning labels brings you back to a time of actually paying attention to your actions and The Who cares what you think, I know what I’m doing! I love that.
It’s been 20 years since I had my 9N, but if memory serves me it was a simple 4 speed, but had hi and lo so kind of an 8 speed. The motor was a little flat head down draft carburetor that always had to be screwed with, sometimes just banging on the side of it would unstick something in it and it would start, lol. And yep, no warning labels. Can’t see much of the green paint on my John Deere for the damn warning labels. :rolleyes:

I know that some of those old Fergies were made with dual fuel burning paraffin/lamp oil and some diesel, but I think maybe for export to England and or Australia. Those tractors made for about ten years are still in use, very popular, and collectibles, like Fords 8 and 9 N’s are!!

Last edited:
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
No road gear, tops out at 10 mph.
There is always the big debate, load it on the trailer or road it when I need to run it over to Dads place 5 miles away.
It it is kind, of fun puttering along driving over.

It's also fun when you line up with the last futtow, drop a single bottom plow in to the Ohio clay and pull the throttle all the way back,for another pass plowing the field.
Where else do you get to run a vehicle at full song - even if it is just 1.2 mph in 1st gear.

Great pride and fun driving those. I had 2 Dearborn 2 row bottom plows at one time the father in-law had. I traded one for a rear scoop. That 1st creeper gear is fantastic, like u said drop the plow In first all the way back. You do that with a modern tractor and some red Or yellow lights are flashing at you lol

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
It’s been 20 years since I had my 9N, but if memory serves me it was a simple 4 speed, but had hi and lo so kind of an 8 speed. The motor was a little flat head down draft carburetor that always had to be screwed with, sometimes just banging on the side of it would unstick something in it and it would start, lol. And yep, no warning labels. Can’t see much of the green paint on my John Deere for the damn warning labels. :rolleyes:

I know that some of those old Fergies were made with dual fuel burning paraffin/lamp oil and some diesel, but I think maybe for export to England and or Australia. Those tractors made for about ten years are still in use, very popular, and collectibles, like Fords 8 and 9 N’s are!!
I had a 52 furgison also my father in-law had with a cracked block, brand new wheels and tires. It was a push rod gas motor with a Sherman trans. I swapped the tires and wheels with the ragged ones off the 8N and sold the tractor for some beer and cash that I used to buy some parts the the 8N.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
I had a 52 furgison also my father in-law had with a cracked block, brand new wheels and tires. It was a push rod gas motor with a Sherman trans. I swapped the tires and wheels with the ragged ones off the 8N and sold the tractor for some beer and cash that I used to buy some parts the the 8N.
Very cool, and that Sherman trans sounds familiar, but can’t say mine had it, and on further thought, I think my 9N had a 3 speed transmission not 4 speed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Remington
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!