moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I conceal for one simple reason. If I am a bad guy looking to do bad things, and I walk into a building looking to hurt people, the FIRST person I am going to shoot is the guy I see with a gun that I know can shoot back. Not all active shooters come in blazing. Most come in concealing their weapon so yes, the first guy I would sneak up on and blast is the guy that has let me know he can shoot back and stop me by strolling around Walmart with his giant peacemaker strapped to his leg.
This ain't the thread for open vs concealed debate. To each their own.

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
As y'all have seen before. My Taurus titanium tracker Colt 45. Carry on my hip. I don't have a huge aresenal....Yet. looking at an LCR for my wife and I'm going to pick up an LCP for myself. Love that little gun.

IMG 20170116 172151008

drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Have you seen the prices on some of those lately? Geez.

I've never shot one, only held one. That was years ago when there was a guy at a local shop that had that and a HK91 on layaway and had come to the shop to make a payment and admire them while he was there. He let me admire them a couple of minutes as well. I wasn't as impressed with the 91 as I was expecting to be but I really dug the squeeze gun. I would have like to have shot it. Neat design.
Yeah. Too much

Samsung Galaxy 7 Active

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm debating between an M&p 9mm and lcp.380. You have both, which would you recommend?

If I had just one between the two - I would pick the Shield. I have shot both my Shield and G19 enough in IDPA and even USPSA that I feel confident with both. The LCP 380 is my "better than nothing" gun that I usually carry when I am in gym shorts or need something really low profile. I do have a cool wallet holster that puts the gun in my back pocket and make it easy to carry that way. I just don't have a whole lot of confidence in the 380 round - but it is better than nothing.

I will say that if the size of the LCP will make you carry it more than the size of the shield (which is a good size) then get the LCP then it is worthwhile to get.

Amre2me2

Amre2me2

Aug 11, 2016
Colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I too have both the M&P Shield and the LCP 380. On the rare occasion I need to carry my pistol in my pocket, then I'll carry a 380, either the LCP or a Colt Mustang. But 99% of the time I carry the M&P with an Alien Gear OWB. I've owned too many carry holsters to admit. With most holsters I've had, I found myself not wanting to carry because it was too uncomfortable. Well that just defeats the purpose. Once I found the Alien Gear holsters, I now carry 100% of the time. I much prefer the OWB over the IWB because it is far more comfortable. On the rare occasion I have to wear a shirt tucked in, I'll carry with the IWB or just put a 380 in my pocket.

advertisement
Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
I too have both the M&P Shield and the LCP 380. On the rare occasion I need to carry my pistol in my pocket, then I'll carry a 380, either the LCP or a Colt Mustang. But 99% of the time I carry the M&P with an Alien Gear OWB. I've owned too many carry holsters to admit. With most holsters I've had, I found myself not wanting to carry because it was too uncomfortable. Well that just defeats the purpose. Once I found the Alien Gear holsters, I now carry 100% of the time. I much prefer the OWB over the IWB because it is far more comfortable. On the rare occasion I have to wear a shirt tucked in, I'll carry with the IWB or just put a 380 in my pocket.
Thanks I'm going to check out those holsters too. I hate the one I have!

Reactions: sharp
Jediwrathchild

Jediwrathchild

Apr 24, 2016
Kodiak, AK
Anyone have experience with the Kimber 1911 TLE II? Leaning towards the Sig P220 in 10mm (almost as easy as my Glock to field strip) but man those Kimbers are sweet!

Reactions: CumminsPusher
J

JTW

Nice! I just ordered a couple
Lowers from PSA. Will be my first AR build. Probably make the spare into a pistol eventually. Gonna need a bigger safe! Hah
I enjoyed it.. palmetto is where I bought my upper and lower parts kit. I have a bushmaster I went all out on. It's my coyote gun. But this little guy is great for the truck.

drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Anyone have experience with the Kimber 1911 TLE II? Leaning towards the Sig P220 in 10mm (almost as easy as my Glock to field strip) but man those Kimbers are sweet!
No not that particular model but I've a couple of Kimbers. I just sold a Ultra Crimson Carry II. They are a fine gun

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!