Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Anyone have experience with the Kimber 1911 TLE II? Leaning towards the Sig P220 in 10mm (almost as easy as my Glock to field strip) but man those Kimbers are sweet!

Kimber makes a super sweet 1911! They are really really smooth and tight. I'm not a huge fan of .45 but I'd consider another 10 in that one still for fun. I loved that gun. My only personal issue is I had ejection issues with one as it got dirty I think they are a bit to tight if that makes sense. As long as the weapon stays clean it's a winner. Riding dirt bikes with it on my hip wasn't its strong suit and I don't clean my pistol so I had to give it up for something that would take it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scott

scott

Lifetime Member
May 16, 2014
lyman, South Carolina
Glock 27 summer and in the colder months a CZ SP-01 tactical in 9mm in a stealth gear IWB holster. Y'all should really check out Stealth Gear holsters. I'll carry my King Cobra.357 every once and awhile "for fun",, you could say lol.
Too add I'm not a Glock fan I just bought that one and only glock 27,, 10 years ago. I'm about to buy a CZ P07 in .40 too replace that glock.

Last edited:
scott

scott

Lifetime Member
May 16, 2014
lyman, South Carolina
Kimber makes a super sweet 1911! They are really really smooth and tight. I'm not a huge fan of .45 but I'd consider another 10 in that one still for fun. I loved that gun. My only personal issue is I had ejection issues with one as it got dirty I think they are a bit to tight if that makes sense. As long as the weapon stays clean it's a winner. Riding dirt bikes with it on my hip wasn't its strong suit and I don't clean my pistol so I had to give it up for something that would take it

That FNH .45 is freaking nice as well I've had mine over a year. 15 rounds of .45 in a mag is crazy lol.

Last edited:
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
That FN .45 is freaking nice as well I've had mine over a year. 15 rounds in a mag of .45 is crazy.

My wife's stainless beretta was our first one and it went over a year and 1000's of rounds before a cleaning. I actually abused the holy hell out of that gun just to see if it would take it. It went open carry in a Blackhawk Serpa (can't fall out perfect for bikes) through the dusty muddy woods and about 5-6 crashes, 1500 miles alone on my dirt bike. Flat out impressive! I've had lots of guns and nothing compared. Never failed me. My M9A3 was Xmas present from my wife,she worked hard for 6 months and sold stuff I was impressed but she wanted my stainless 92 (hers now lol) so it worked out. It's 17+1 and a +2 mag for 20 and hairpin trigger. I swapped barrel to .357 Sig. barrels swap out in 10 sec we also have .40 for it. Comes with night sights and I installed the internal guide rail laser. It can't be off more then 1in at 100 ft no matter what. It's a beast with no kick.
I know many have moved away from beretta but we love um. Everyone has there favorite and that's ok. It's most important to have what you like and are comfortable with. Many great pistols out there are and I have several guns but we carry these. She's far more accurate then me shhhh lol.
This is mine Be00683eca95eab6a76b221ad0323d72

I know I've showed this but I'm so impressed with my daughter. First time ever with wife's pistol was a couple years ago. Hit a pop can at about 60ft this first shot. I love my baby.

Last edited:
swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Wow I know how you feel. Getting our kids involved in the sport IS #1 and I commend you for that.My girl just started hunting this year and she makes me tear up I'm so proud

Reactions: JTW and sharp
AlR

AlR

Nov 14, 2016
Nanaimo, British Columbia
Ownership

1. 500
In Canada, civilians can't pack a pistol around. We can take them from home to a gun range and back but that is pretty restrictive. There is no dialogue here on carry guns... I wore a pistol for 35 years for work and don't miss that weight on my belt at all. If I'm riding in serious bear country then I'll bring a shottie or the jungle carbine.

Reactions: JTW
Outfitter

Outfitter

Dec 3, 2016
DFW
Ownership

1. 700-4
Pocket carry - Ruger LCP with Crimson Trace laser
"Daytimer portfolio" carry - Glock 26 with Crimson Trace laser
Hip/shoulder holster carry - Glock 19 with night sights
Pioneer 700-4 carry (at ranch) - Taurus Judge, rattlesnakes fear me
Home Defense - Saiga 12 ga, with 10 rd stick or 12rd drum mag
If and when....one of multiple ARs, with Photon NV to rule the night or various optics for daytime.
Sticks and Stones if all else fails

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Every day - sig p238. Love the gun. It's basically a tiny 1911 chambered in .380. Fits in your pocket and u forget it's there. Far more capable than any other 380 I've ever shot. It has real sights (night sights too). The accuracy impresses me every time I shoot it. Next time you're shopping for guns, compare a p238 to an LCP and you will understand. Looking for a deal on a 92 for open carry and range gun

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Dragon21

Dragon21

In my defense, I was left unsupervised
Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
i always keep my S&W 442 in my pocket (.38) and sometimes have my 9mm shield IWB. If im out at the farm I try to open carry my M&P 9

Reactions: sharp
Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
In Canada, civilians can't pack a pistol around. We can take them from home to a gun range and back but that is pretty restrictive. There is no dialogue here on carry guns... I wore a pistol for 35 years for work and don't miss that weight on my belt at all. If I'm riding in serious bear country then I'll bring a shottie or the jungle carbine.
Interesting point of view. I didn't think you could even have pistols in Canada, guess that shows what I know.

Reactions: AlR, sharp and JTW
drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Got the Mothers polish out last night and decided to play with the slide on the KelTec. It's my wallet gun and not my first line of defense. It came out pretty nice. Sit in front of the TV and rub the slide with polishing cream...
20170119 1210341 20170119 1210571 20170119 1211541

franzw

franzw

Jan 2, 2016
pacific nothwest
Ownership

1. 1000-5
smith & wesson bodyguard 380 with built in lazer. When I hunt big game usually carry back up side arm, either my ruger redhawk 44 mag when hunting elk (legal for hunting) or when hunting big bucks, carry Glock 21, there are mountain lions and bear where I usually hunt. Also have many rifles, all calibers but my favourite new hunting partner is S & M ar10 308 cal with 10 rnd mag and 3-12 scope.

Reactions: JTW and Ragnar406
Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
smith & wesson bodyguard 380 with built in lazer. When I hunt big game usually carry back up side arm, either my ruger redhawk 44 mag when hunting elk (legal for hunting) or when hunting big bucks, carry Glock 21, there are mountain lions and bear where I usually hunt. Also have many rifles, all calibers but my favourite new hunting partner is S & M ar10 308 cal with 10 rnd mag and 3-12 scope.

How do you feel about the G21 for that purpose? I am not a hunter but was wondering if the G21 would be a good back woods pistol. I have one already and since I don't live in Alaska where I would carry my 44 mag would this be worth wild.

franzw

franzw

Jan 2, 2016
pacific nothwest
Ownership

1. 1000-5
How do you feel about the G21 for that purpose? I am not a hunter but was wondering if the G21 would be a good back woods pistol. I have one already and since I don't live in Alaska where I would carry my 44 mag would this be worth wild.
Yea well the 45 doesn't have the power of a 44 mag., but the glock 21 45 cal. with 14 rounds would help you out against any wolves, mountain lion or etc. if your life was in danger. At least you will have enough rounds for back up shots. I have never had a problem in 40 years of hunting or had to use it for self defense but it does give you a warm, cuddly feeling. I always hunt alone and my head has to be on a swivel. Carrying a phone with GPS also helps if you have a problem that needs help.

Reactions: Jediwrathchild
Jediwrathchild

Jediwrathchild

Apr 24, 2016
Kodiak, AK
Yea well the 45 doesn't have the power of a 44 mag., but the glock 21 45 cal. with 14 rounds would help you out against any wolves, mountain lion or etc. if your life was in danger. At least you will have enough rounds for back up shots. I have never had a problem in 40 years of hunting or had to use it for self defense but it does give you a warm, cuddly feeling. I always hunt alone and my head has to be on a swivel. Carrying a phone with GPS also helps if you have a problem that needs help.

I really Only carry up here because we have a high pop density of grizzlies. But I also carry bear spray. There so much food they don't get too aggressive or territorial (Kodiak bears anyway, mainland and lower 48 bears are different) Make your presence known and you'll rarely have issues. when hunting I have my rifle but still carry spray. I have many years of hiking in black bear and cougar country and never worried about it. I always caution people about carrying only a pistol as your only defense around dangerous animals, deciphering a legitimate charge or a bluff takes time around them to recognize. I'd hate to shoot an animal that was only bluffing or trying to intimidate.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I carry a Taurus PT738 for compact, and a Taurus 709 slim if I don't care if it looks a little obvious or just want a little more pop! Lol

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
IMG 20170119 205047

My xds 9, 3.3" barrel. Probably have close to 1000 rounds through it and can't ever remember a failure. I want to get something smaller also. Want it to fit in my pocket.

Reactions: sharp and Tflynn
BamaBoundSteve

BamaBoundSteve

Lifetime Member
Mar 13, 2015
S.E. Alabama
In New Jersey...Not Allowed!!! My next state will allow me more freedom...

When that time comes, thinking of something in a 9 mm.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!