BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yes for sure. Foam insulation glued to the sides and roof with panelling glued over. Already priced all that at about 200$ including glue.
Ang picked this panelling for the walls so far but we’re going to look around. Got to be easy clean up and take abuse but also be lightweight. View attachment 76236
Good looking siding, I ment the gray tank

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Good looking siding, I ment the gray tank

Oh gotcha. Some are insulated but most there’s nothing or a tank heater. For this build I will have everything mounted inside except possibly black water to allow usage in freezing temps so the heat doesn’t need to be continuously on or plugging into shore power.

Reactions: pct, sharp and BWAF
BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Oh gotcha. Some are insulated but most there’s nothing or a tank heater. For this build I will have everything mounted inside except possibly black water to allow usage in freezing temps so the heat doesn’t need to be continuously on or plugging into shore power.
Keeping a close eye on build ,idea's and learn rv side i know nothing about .In case I build my own

Last edited:
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Keeping close eye build ,idea's and learn rv side i know nothing about .In case I build my own

We learned a lot from building our school bus. Didn’t make many mistakes because we were pretty methodical though. This time there’s things we just don’t need but everything has to be mounted in a 2 1/2 x 8ft section so it’s tight. The positive side is it’ll cause it to be even more efficient and everything is right there so all the run lines will be shorter and no crawling around underneath the the bus was. Keeping everything central is better.

Reactions: pct, sharp and BWAF
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
3 more windows in.
4588513E A77A 427B 973C CD7B21474C13
0452D19E 17C8 44E6 9D65 6433DF4C7175

Placement was critical for what’s being planned on the inside and also outside accessories like the awning, lights and stereo equipment. Also wanted two across from each other to allow air flow for sleeping.
Placed emergency exit window on opposite side as the door
7F6878FA A168 4EEB B4E1 341D492FFDBF

Decided since we saved so much on the glass to do a larger picture window to break up the bus look that’ll be placed in between the door and the window to the left of the door.
65953340 AEEB 42DC 8519 C9433B33FBE1

Also still looking for a small tinted bathroom window for the front of the driver side

Last edited:
BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
3 more windows in.
View attachment 76244 View attachment 76238
Placement was critical for what’s being planned on the inside and also outside accessories like the awning, lights and stereo equipment. Also wanted two across from each other to allow air flow for sleeping.
Placed emergency exit window on opposite side as the door
View attachment 76254
Decided since we saved so much on the glass to do a larger picture window to break up the bus look that’ll be placed in between the door and the window to the left of the door.
View attachment 76252

Also still looking for a small tinted bathroom window for the front of the driver side
Nice !

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Looks good what's the Yamaha parked on ?

It looks funny I see that. Just on the front of the trailer

Reactions: sharp and BWAF
advertisement
BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Got the refrigerator! That and the awning are the big ticket items. $250 is a good price for a 3way. He just gave us the stainless kitchen sink so another item off the list!
View attachment 76231
Just because no one else has ,I'd pay $250 for a good 3way . and Bahaahahah

lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
@CP, is there a build for the bus some where?
Or even some info on what it has and floor plan, not wanting to distract you from 'nest build so if the answer is no that's okay (I'll bug you about it later).

Curious to see what you do for interior walls and electrical / plumbing.
I'm considering a 'tank less' bathroom in my enclosed trailer (8.5' wide, 17' long V-nose)
It will sacrifice one ATV space, currently it hauls 4 ATVs.
Shower and a porta potty, shower only works with full hook up.
Maybe a 'point of use' electric hot water heater - but I'm looking at your water heater also.
Original thought was no pump.

Thinking about it, a 12v pump and a stream and it could be usable.
I think the most likly use will be stay in a hotel while hoofing it across the country then stay at a camp ground.
With a pump and some water cans we could camp remote for a day or two.

Lots of good ideas, thanks for posting in detail.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
@CP, is there a build for the bus some where?
Or even some info on what it has and floor plan, not wanting to distract you from 'nest build so if the answer is no that's okay (I'll bug you about it later).

Curious to see what you do for interior walls and electrical / plumbing.
I'm considering a 'tank less' bathroom in my enclosed trailer (8.5' wide, 17' long V-nose)
It will sacrifice one ATV space, currently it hauls 4 ATVs.
Shower and a porta potty, shower only works with full hook up.
Maybe a 'point of use' electric hot water heater - but I'm looking at your water heater also.
Original thought was no pump.

Thinking about it, a 12v pump and a stream and it could be usable.
I think the most likly use will be stay in a hotel while hoofing it across the country then stay at a camp ground.
With a pump and some water cans we could camp remote for a day or two.

Lots of good ideas, thanks for posting in detail.
I finished the bus before came on here. Only have a few pics. We tore out all the inside steel sheeting and replaced with contact glued in insulation between the steel studs. Then placed sheeting over that also contact glued in.
Propane water heaters are very efficient and only require lpg and two D batteries to ignite. A simple exhaust out the roof or side and a small fresh air inlet are all that’s needed. As it senses a pressure drop(from opening the hot water faucet side) it self ignites and you have hot water.
Really simple. Probably goes through 1/5 the propane for normal usage as a tank.
Also we pulled the shower from the bus years ago and went out door shower. That space was too valuable. The outdoor shower box is 25$ and they have a shower curtain rod that is easily removable designed for motor homes. We usually park with driver side up against the tree line so usually don’t even use that just birthday suit.

Reactions: Cuoutdoors and BWAF
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Last edited:
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
What are you doing for ac?
No AC. We had a unit for the bus but never bothered to install it. We do have a stand up that vents outside from a hose through the window that the eu2000 will power easily. If needed could use that.

advertisement