P500 100 mile maintenance: dealer necessary?

Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
When I had my 500 dealer said change oil and look at coolant level in case it worked some air out of system . I did it in an hour taking my time.dealer also said he has yet to see valves out of spec at 100 miles.

P

PNWGuy

I stopped by the dealer last week to schedule it and he said it really isn't a big deal at 100 miles. He said to wait at least until 200 miles.

But, I noticed it is starting to run worse and worse. I can no longer start it in gear when cold or else it dies. Seems like the idle is a bit too low, but it also feels like it is starting to miss when first started and cold. Maybe bad gas, but there is only one place to buy ethanol-free fuel in this area and it's $4.49 a gallon.

Combine that with the delayed shifting issue and it is definitely going back to the dealer.

alloutdoors

alloutdoors

Jan 21, 2018
US
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-4

3. Do not currently own
I stopped by the dealer last week to schedule it and he said it really isn't a big deal at 100 miles. He said to wait at least until 200 miles. But, I noiced it is starting to run worse and worse. I can no longer start it in gear when cold or else it dies. Seems like the idle is a bit too low, but it also feels like it is starting to miss when first started and cold. Maybe bad gas, but there is only one place to buy ethanol-free fuel in this area and it's $4.49 a gallon. Combine that with the delayed shifting issue and it is definitely going back to the dealer.

Just a friendly comment and if you think bad gas is in the unit, then I would get it out and put fresh non-ethanol fuel in the unit. As you know, fuel is not going to be a warranty issue, so I would eliminate it from the equation and leave the rest to them to figure out....

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!