P1000 16 Deluxe vs 18-LE

ButchersHook

ButchersHook

May 13, 2015
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So I have not posted an update since I went from a 16 1000-5 deluxe (no updates) to a 18 1000-3 LE (factory updates). I had a 700-4, awesome machine but dont want the computer to tell me when to shift,Then Honda announced the 1000. And I had the first one in the state of WI. OCT 2015 [HASHTAG]#513[/HASHTAG]. Paddle shifters, load leveling suspension!!!! etc.. So I waited til July 19th 2018..NOTHING NEW ON THE 19'S... OK can I get an 18 P1K-LE. Yep. "they still have late production 18's in the warehouse" They have all the updates.

So I picked up my 2018 Pioneer 1000-3 LE over labor day weekend. (And I bought a Honda Grom for the wife). What was interesting was it was [HASHTAG]#503[/HASHTAG] off the line?....Are the 1000-3LE's The b**** of hondas lineup?? Convince someone to buy a 3LE seater vs 5 seater deluxe and save $$

I sold a 1000-5 Deluxe with OEM roof ,glass windshield ,hard mid panel and Tensor Regulators on all 4 corners. with just under 3K miles for 14K cash. OTD on the LE was 17K..

So lets compare: 16 vs 18
-Yes the seat has more cushion
-Factory clutch update: YES. The shifting is f***ing awesome. I dont trust dealers wrenching on my s*** My 16 had no updates but ran awesome!! this 18 is better(smoother) especially in R.
-Heat? i dont ride long enuf to feel it. I didnt have a problem with the 16.The under seat is different. the shiftier hole has more blockage
-The starter sounds quicker/quieter
-Memory is a plus (but the layout sucks). AT/MT should be First, then light,then Hill Assist
-Hill Assist takes up a switch.

There are leftover 17's out there for cheaper but who performed the updates?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!