P1000 2016 1000 trans issue

T

Tahoe1

Dec 28, 2019
Mid Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
After a day of work my Pioneer would not go in to gear. When put in R, H or L the gear indicator displayed 2. I towed home disconnected the battery over night and the next day it worked for about 5 miles. As I was dring in H about 15mph it just went on to neutral. Before turning of the key I saw the display flashing g 5 slow and 7 fast dashes. This time the indicator displayed 5. I towed home and took to dealer. Of course now it will not act up for them. Any suggestions or experience with this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Your dealer should be able to diagnose and test components based on your code of 57.

Look for hidden rodent damage to the wiring. That would be my first step, then get a service manual and follow the testing procedure.
The dash will not tell you the difference between a 57-1 & 57-2. So run thru both testing trees before deeming any part failed.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
After a day of work my Pioneer would not go in to gear. When put in R, H or L the gear indicator displayed 2. I towed home disconnected the battery over night and the next day it worked for about 5 miles. As I was dring in H about 15mph it just went on to neutral. Before turning of the key I saw the display flashing g 5 slow and 7 fast dashes. This time the indicator displayed 5. I towed home and took to dealer. Of course now it will not act up for them. Any suggestions or experience with this issue would be greatly appreciated.
What @Neohio said. Plus Id check my linkages As well.

No pics from your only 2 post. said u had 8k miles on it from your first post. definitely Pics Or It Didnt Happen… 😂 How many on it now?

Reactions: ChadD
T

Tahoe1

Dec 28, 2019
Mid Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Your dealer should be able to diagnose and test components based on your code of 57.
View attachment 324905

Look for hidden rodent damage to the wiring. That would be my first step, then get a service manual and follow the testing procedure.
The dash will not tell you the difference between a 57-1 & 57-2. So run thru both testing trees before deeming any part failed.
Thank you. I will.

Reactions: ChadD

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!