P1000m5 2017 Engine quits while driving sporadically

A

austenlake2

Jul 3, 2018
Ontario
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hi first post here have a 2017 Honda 1000 5 seater with 3000 km after first 500 km have been having problems with machine quitting engine shuts off shows engine light and oil light restart engine everything is fine could go another 200 km and not happen and also have gone 5 km and it has happened But at times will go a week or two without happening has been at the shop three times the last time they said it was a grounding issue they checked and made sure all grounds were fine Was just a way for five days with it and it did it 15 times dropped it at the dealer again and told him don’t want to back until it’s fixed they said they have called Honda and have not encountered any issues like this any help would be appreciated

Reactions: BWAF
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Hi first post here have a 2017 Honda 1000 5 seater with 3000 km after first 500 km have been having problems with machine quitting engine shuts off shows engine light and oil light restart engine everything is fine could go another 200 km and not happen and also have gone 5 km and it has happened But at times will go a week or two without happening has been at the shop three times the last time they said it was a grounding issue they checked and made sure all grounds were fine Was just a way for five days with it and it did it 15 times dropped it at the dealer again and told him don’t want to back until it’s fixed they said they have called Honda and have not encountered any issues like this any help would be appreciated
Boy! Issues like this are frustrating for the owner and tech's. Interment issues are the hardest to find, I would check every wiring connection/plug and use a cleaner, wiring harness lube and see what happens?

A

austenlake2

Jul 3, 2018
Ontario
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ya I know but I sure
Boy! Issues like this are frustrating for the owner and tech's. Interment issues are the hardest to find, I would check every wiring connection/plug and use a cleaner, wiring harness lube and see what happens?
would hope the tech would have done this it’s in shop now so was looking for someone who might have had same issue lol i

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@austenlake2 we would be more than happy to help you out.
We need your help to get started.
When your machine returns to you, and you believe it has not been fixed.
Run it around, when it dies, grab your phone and take a clear video of the dash.
If it dies, do not turn off the key, video dash, upload the video to youtube and link it here so we can get the codes. After we get them, we can steer you in the right direction.

Reactions: Mudwing
R

rpmwerks

Jan 5, 2018
Somers CT
I have a 2017 1000-5 deluxe and just had this exact same thing happen for the first time. I have about 100 miles on the machine, i dont normally get to take it out for long drives but i did last weekend, it was very hot out and i drove the hell out of it for several hours but the machines coolant gauge was perfectly where it should have been, i rode thru puddles always at very low speeds (because of the ridiculous heat that goes up your back from the steam) and nothing was wrong, i oddly was just driving in low at 29mph on a dry trail for about 5 minutes when it all of a sudden stalled. I paniced once the engine light came on and i turned off the key, i immediately kicked myself for doing it since now i have no diagnostic code to follow up on.
If i can get it to do it again ill video the gauge cluster and post it to youtube too.
Ill also check all the machines grounds and put dielectric grease in all the electrical plugs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a 2017 1000-5 deluxe and just had this exact same thing happen for the first time. I have about 100 miles on the machine, i dont normally get to take it out for long drives but i did last weekend, it was very hot out and i drove the hell out of it for several hours but the machines coolant gauge was perfectly where it should have been, i rode thru puddles always at very low speeds (because of the ridiculous heat that goes up your back from the steam) and nothing was wrong, i oddly was just driving in low at 29mph on a dry trail for about 5 minutes when it all of a sudden stalled. I paniced once the engine light came on and i turned off the key, i immediately kicked myself for doing it since now i have no diagnostic code to follow up on.
If i can get it to do it again ill video the gauge cluster and post it to youtube too.
Ill also check all the machines grounds and put dielectric grease in all the electrical plugs.

Try to video the dash for at least 2 minutes, this will let us get a good look at the codes.

B

BleuetVoyageur

Jun 18, 2018
Alma Lac St-Jean QC, Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I met this type of problem, brought my Pioneer 1000 to the dealer who used a type of computer designed to find where the problems are and it resulted that one of the injector was the problem. I took it back home, went for a short ride in my area and it stopped again but didn't want to start. Took it back to the dealer and they found that a contact wire to the replaced injector was cut inside his jacket and they welded the part of the wire to fix the problem. Now, it's running OK so far so good. I hope this is an old story about this problem.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have been messaging the OP.
His problem is the injector harness. The part number of the repair pieces as well as the bike harness I used are on backorder in Canada. If anyone has any other ideas to get him parts ASAP, feel free to post up.

advertisement
R

rpmwerks

Jan 5, 2018
Somers CT
Can you please post the part numbers for me to use?

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Reactions: BleuetVoyageur
DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
RE: Check engine lights
Once the light comes on, it should store a code that won't erase when you turn off the key. Your dealer can pull then with thier scan tool, but the 700/500 can also be pulled by jumping a plug.

I assume the 1000 has this capability as well. Maybe one of you guys with a factory service manual can post the procedure?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!