2017 Pioneer Takeover ITINERARY and INFO!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Here is the general itinerary for the [HASHTAG]#PioneerTakeover[/HASHTAG].
* All subject to change.

Here are some plans for a perfect world. I'm just looking to get the info out there to everyone.

Clift notes version of below info.

• Friday 6pm @ shelters for group picture and night ride.
  • Saturday 7pm @ shelters for meet and greet/BBQ.

-------------Detailed Itinerary-------------------
Wed/Thursday
  • Early birds explore the area as you wish.
  • The 2 picnic shelters to the left of the entrance gate are reserved for the [HASHTAG]#PioneerTakeover[/HASHTAG] and available for a meeting place. Feel free to start up a fire and hang out there by the creek.
Friday
  • Morning/Mid day - Open Ride: Self-organized groups to explore the area as you wish.
Friday evening - Large Group Ride to Top of World!
  • Evening Meet and Greet 5pm-6 located at the shelters by the entrance of the park. Great time to check out other people's ride.
  • Group picture around 6:30. Try to line up.
  • Leave for the night at 7pm. We do wish to have an epic convoy. Last year was super cool.
  • Sunset is at 8pm. Goal return time is 10pm.
  • Friday goal is Top of the World trail # 30 stopping at the loop on #30. Looking at a 3 hour trip including a good break at top of #30.
  • Trail Path: From RRB Trail 27, Left to19, R13, (Top of World) Stop and chill a bit, Continue on 30, R28, R29, R13, R19, L27 back to RRB. (See PT Map Talk)
  • -
  • For those that don't go on the night ride. Feel free to hang out at the picnic shelter by the entrance gate. Start a fire if you like and chill! Once the group returns we may join you for a bit.

Saturday - Day
  • Due to the # of riders, we want to encourage independent groups to form and ride on their own!
  • I will post a map with great POI's. Cave, cool boulders, waterfalls. (See PT Map Talk)
  • There is no way we can control 50+ units riding in a single group. We are asking that if you are capable of self-guiding a group that you please do. Please see our edited map for some great POI's. (map coming soon)
  • For those single riders that wish to have a guide will split into 3-4 groups.
  • Wishing no more than 10 machines per group.
We are looking for a few group leaders. Someone that has road RRB before or can read a map and willing to guide a group please contact @Hondasxs for details.
  • Group #1 - All day adventure. 9-10am - 5pm(goal). Be sure to pack your lunch!
  • Group #2 - 3/4 day.
  • Group #3 - ..If?..... TBA

Saturday - Evening Meet-n-Greet - 7pm - 11?.
  • Meet at the shelters by the creek and to the left of the RRB entrance.
  • BRING YOUR PIONEER! This is a great time to check out everyone's Ride!
  • BRING A CHAIR, Camp chair should work great.
  • BYOB! or your favorite "soda"!
  • BBQ 7-8pm. BBQ, slaw, beans, tea, water, dessert.
  • Door prize drawing around 9. Tickets are pre
  • Meet, Chill, and Talk around the fire until...?
  • Stay unti??? but Quite time is @11 per park rules!
Sunday
  • Anyone staying the day can meet up at the shelters to plan a ride!
  • @Hondasxs and others will be heading home early morning.
Have fun and C-ya soon at the 2017 [HASHTAG]#PioneerTakeover[/HASHTAG]!
Questions?, errors?, confusion?.. Post and let me know.
Thanks.

J

Jshell3

Do we buy tickets for the barbecue?

Also, door prizes at 9 tickets are pre... "pre" what?

Reactions: Plumber32
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Do we buy tickets for the barbecue?

Also, door prizes at 9 tickets are pre... "pre" what?
Good question.
BBQ is on the club. Its already funded.

Still need to decide how to handle tickets. I brought this up the other day with some friends looking for a solution.
I'm going to message you about this.

Reactions: sharp and Jshell3
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Here is the general itinerary for the [HASHTAG]#PioneerTakeover[/HASHTAG].
* All subject to change.

Here are some plans for a perfect world. I'm just looking to get the info out there to everyone.

Clift notes version of below info.

• Friday 6pm @ shelters for group picture and night ride.
  • Saturday 7pm @ shelters for meet and greet/BBQ.

-------------Detailed Itinerary-------------------
Wed/Thursday
  • Early birds explore the area as you wish.
  • The 2 picnic shelters to the left of the entrance gate are reserved for the [HASHTAG]#PioneerTakeover[/HASHTAG] and available for a meeting place. Feel free to start up a fire and hang out there by the creek.
Friday
  • Morning/Mid day - Open Ride: Self-organized groups to explore the area as you wish.
Friday evening - Large Group Ride to Top of World!
  • Evening Meet and Greet 5pm-6 located at the shelters by the entrance of the park. Great time to check out other people's ride.
  • Group picture around 6:30. Try to line up.
  • Leave for the night at 7pm. We do wish to have an epic convoy. Last year was super cool.
  • Sunset is at 8pm. Goal return time is 10pm.
  • Friday goal is Top of the World trail # 30 stopping at the loop on #30. Looking at a 3 hour trip including a good break at top of #30.
  • Trail Path: From RRB Trail 27, Left to19, R13, (Top of World) Stop and chill a bit, Continue on 30, R28, R29, R13, R19, L27 back to RRB. (See PT Map Talk)
  • -
  • For those that don't go on the night ride. Feel free to hang out at the picnic shelter by the entrance gate. Start a fire if you like and chill! Once the group returns we may join you for a bit.

Saturday - Day
  • Due to the # of riders, we want to encourage independent groups to form and ride on their own!
  • I will post a map with great POI's. Cave, cool boulders, waterfalls. (See PT Map Talk)
  • There is no way we can control 50+ units riding in a single group. We are asking that if you are capable of self-guiding a group that you please do. Please see our edited map for some great POI's. (map coming soon)
  • For those single riders that wish to have a guide will split into 3-4 groups.
  • Wishing no more than 10 machines per group.
We are looking for a few group leaders. Someone that has road RRB before or can read a map and willing to guide a group please contact @Hondasxs for details.
  • Group #1 - All day adventure. 9-10am - 5pm(goal). Be sure to pack your lunch!
  • Group #2 - 3/4 day.
  • Group #3 - ..If?..... TBA

Saturday - Evening Meet-n-Greet - 7pm - 11?.
  • Meet at the shelters by the creek and to the left of the RRB entrance.
  • BRING YOUR PIONEER! This is a great time to check out everyone's Ride!
  • BRING A CHAIR, Camp chair should work great.
  • BYOB! or your favorite "soda"!
  • BBQ 7-8pm. BBQ, slaw, beans, tea, water, dessert.
  • Door prize drawing around 9. Tickets are pre
  • Meet, Chill, and Talk around the fire until...?
  • Stay unti??? but Quite time is @11 per park rules!
Sunday
  • Anyone staying the day can meet up at the shelters to plan a ride!
  • @Hondasxs and others will be heading home early morning.
Have fun and C-ya soon at the 2017 [HASHTAG]#PioneerTakeover[/HASHTAG]!
Questions?, errors?, confusion?.. Post and let me know.
Thanks.

I will be free all week. Happy to lead a group anywhere they want to see.

Any early birds want to venture up Dragons Back, down Widowmaker to Eternal Flame and back let me know. It will be a 7 hour round trip from campground. Prefer to do this WED or THUR.

My video of Dragons back
P1000m5 - Royal Blue to windrock and BACK! 2016

My video of Widowmaker decent, note busted axles on sxsx trying to go up as we pass by.

Last edited:
Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X

Any early birds want to venture up Dragons Back, down Widowmaker to Eternal Flame and back let me know. It will be a 7 hour round trip from campground. Prefer to do this WED or THUR.

My video of Dragons back

My video of Widowmaker decent, note busted axles on sxsx trying to go up as we pass by.

The boss wants to know what the technical level is of the trails is to Eternal Flame?

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
The boss wants to know what the technical level is of the trails is to Eternal Flame?
Depends on route, most direct very easy. But with a small detour can be a nice challenge for about 90 minutes.

I will go whichever way people want to go.

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Depends on route, most direct very easy. But with a small detour can be a nice challenge for about 90 minutes.

I will go whichever way people want to go.

Are you leading a group Friday/Saturday? If so add me to your group!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Are you leading a group Friday/Saturday? If so add me to your group!

Yes, I can lead groups daily. Depending on P500 turnout may do a P500 only group on Saturday.

Friday afternoon will help getting groups to top of world trail from scenic group photo.

Friday morning, or anytime WED or THURS available for anything goes from mild scenic trails to fetch the tig welder, and does your winch always smell like that?

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
@JACKAL , we will be there late Wednesday. So we are in for a Thursday am ride if that works. There is 2 SXS in our group.
I just want to make sure im available to help Hondasxs if needed.

Reactions: JACKAL and JTW
advertisement
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
@JACKAL , we will be there late Wednesday. So we are in for a Thursday am ride if that works. There is 2 SXS in our group.
I just want to make sure im available to help Hondasxs if needed.
What you talking about.. lol.
I'm going riding...
After I get a bunch of banners up Wed evening. lol.

J

JTW

Yes, I can lead groups daily. Depending on P500 turnout may do a P500 only group on Saturday.

Friday afternoon will help getting groups to top of world trail from scenic group photo.

Friday morning, or anytime WED or THURS available for anything goes from mild scenic trails to fetch the tig welder, and does your winch always smell like that?
You're a descriptive deviant today!

Reactions: Eltobgi and nbomar
DGann

DGann

Dec 20, 2015
Russellville Alabama

If @joeymt33 leading y'all are in for a ride!!!!!! He's crazy

Manwell

Manwell

Lifetime Member
Jul 12, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Loved this one: "does your winch always smell like that?" @JACKAL - I'm stealing this one... :D

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
What you talking about.. lol.
I'm going riding...
After I get a bunch of banners up Wed evening. lol.
Thats, when we get those banners hung up!!

Reactions: JTW
knuckledeep

knuckledeep

my trailer queen is trashy
Lifetime Member
Dec 16, 2015
Eustis florida
Ownership

1. 1000-3

My video of Dragons back

I'll go on that ride on Thursday

Reactions: JACKAL
advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!