Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Do u have a break down of who and when and difficulty? Planning on riding up Wednesday night and being ready Thursday morning. Would prefer to hit the crazy stuff soon!

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Do u have a break down of who and when and difficulty? Planning on riding up Wednesday night and being ready Thursday morning. Would prefer to hit the crazy stuff soon!
One thing about Tennessee is the trails change alot depending on the rain. It's really week to week. On condition

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Every official ride will be relatively easy, scenic, but entertaining. That's family friendly for Friday night and Saturday. We can do anything Thursday I will be available anytime, would be happy to make a scenic run on the West side of Royal Blue with easy to moderate trails that won't be covered during the official group rides.

The unofficial early bird ride is not associated with the Pioneer Takeover in any way and will be challenging for about 90 minutes out of an approximate 5 hour ride. The trail going up Dragonback and down Widowmaker can be very dangerous if not being careful. There is a few spots a rollover would mean recovering whatever is left after 200 ft rocky drop off. Not trying to scare anyone off but don't want anyone saying if I knew it was this bad I would not have went. If can be very unnerving in the offcambers not so much once you expect to drag yor rollcage anlong the rocks. If scratches on your trailer queen ride bother you, the Friday 10 AM ride Is not for you.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
You run probably loosing 12 a month on that 80,000 dollar truck!
It pays for itself in 9 months and can run that pace for about 3 years without any issues. 12K is after expenses and depreciation. The great thing about this country is you are only limited by your own ambition and determination.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
It pays for itself in 9 months and can run that pace for about 3 years without any issues. 12K is after expenses and depreciation. The great thing about this country is you are only limited by your own ambition and determination.
3 years at that pace is almost 700k.

advertisement
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Hell, I wanna know how to get in on the hauling and I'll buy one now! I think that would be enjoyable in my slow times.

Here ya go, if you are serious use my driver # 6064 for recruiting, both parties get monthly mileage bonuses.

:: Horizon Transport ::

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Here ya go, if you are serious use my driver # 6064 for recruiting, both parties get monthly mileage bonuses.

:: Horizon Transport ::
This is something I would be pretty interested in. If we have time and don't mind I'd like to pick your brain at the takeover about this.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
What's a typical month bring in?
I typically average $5,500 a month running hard for 2 weeks then sitting home 2 weeks by choice. Having a CDL & a 1 ton dually lets you haul everything, the bigger heaviest loads pay the most per mile. I typically take only the big loads by choice, or they now call me for urgent stuff with a short deadline as I will go at the drop of a hat when the money is right.

Without a CDL one could average about $6500 gross a month driving 20 days being home every weekend. Fuel would cost about 1/3rd of your gross. Would be happy to discuss in person.

Essentially you go when, where, and how often you want once you get into it and have 25K miles you dispatch yourself from a phone app picking from about 400 units on the load board at any given time.

J

JTW

I typically average $5,500 a month running hard for 2 weeks then sitting home 2 weeks by choice. Having a CDL & a 1 ton dually lets you haul everything, the bigger heaviest loads pay the most per mile. I typically take only the big loads by choice, or they now call me for urgent stuff with a short deadline as I will go at the drop of a hat when the money is right.

Without a CDL one could average about $6500 gross a month driving 20 days being home every weekend. Fuel would cost about 1/3rd of your gross. Would be happy to discuss in person.

Essentially you go when, where, and how often you want once you get into it and have 25K miles you dispatch yourself from a phone app picking from about 400 units on the load board at any given time.
Yeah.. we'll have to talk about that. I think it would be a cool part time gig.

Reactions: Plumber32
advertisement