P1000 2017 Underseat storage

Crow_Hunter

Crow_Hunter

May 18, 2016
Riding a Canned Ham.
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Has anyone tried the 2017 underseat storage on their 2016 model yet?

Part # - 08L70-HL4-F00

Under Seat Storage

Does it fit?

How much room is in it? (Hard to tell from the one pic I saw). Will it fit a USGI folding shovel?

I recently got the roll cage bag and it is okay, but it really doesn't fit any of the things that I still want to put on the machine.

Any other on machine storage options you have tried and liked?

Anyone tried a aftermarket console that you liked?

(Other than just sitting it in the bed)

zumper

zumper

Apr 4, 2016
Minden NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yes.. it and the under dash storage work and fit great. Should hold a shovel just fine.
JtW, if you have the underseat storage bin, would you post a couple of pics, please? The picture at the link above doesn't make sense to me; it looks like the seat is there, but it can't be(?). Is there a lid to keep the dust out, or is the seat the lid?
Thank you.
Chuck

J

JTW

The picture is just a cut away of the seat... there is no lid. My underseat heat shield and the actual seat do a decent job of sealing but it's not a water tight bin. I have a plan for that though!

I'll grab some pics tomorrow.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
zumper

zumper

Apr 4, 2016
Minden NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The picture is just a cut away of the seat... there is no lid. My underseat heat shield and the actual seat do a decent job of sealing but it's not a water tight bin. I have a plan for that though!

I'll grab some pics tomorrow.
Pics would be great. Include a tape measure if you can for scale. What's the water tight plan? Thanks.

J

JTW

IMG 3873 IMG 3874 IMG 3875 IMG 3876 IMG 3877 IMG 3872

zumper

zumper

Apr 4, 2016
Minden NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
JTW,
Thanks for the pics. I'm struggling with this one a bit. I use that location already for tools, first aid and recovery equipment. The box obviously protects the electronics/connections from the cargo; a good thing. But in doing so some space is lost, maybe quite a bit? The water tight aspect doesn't do much for me, as while I do cross some streams, it's not often. Around here the dust is the pain, but I can use a plastic bag for that.

Is it worth it?
Chuck

J

JTW

JTW,
Thanks for the pics. I'm struggling with this one a bit. I use that location already for tools, first aid and recovery equipment. The box obviously protects the electronics/connections from the cargo; a good thing. But in doing so some space is lost, maybe quite a bit? The water tight aspect doesn't do much for me, as while I do cross some streams, it's not often. Around here the dust is the pain, but I can use a plastic bag for that.

Is it worth it?
Chuck
Ok.. so it's an expensive plastic garbage can. But like you said it protects the electronics... that was my main reason for purchase. I too have shackels and such under there and didn't want them beating around so much. It's not water tight as it is a two piece system with a seam half way up the sides.. a little silicone and that will be improved. Mine had about an inch of water in it after the takeover creek ride. No mud or dust though. I keep all my stuff in a waterproof bag so it was no big deal. With the under seat heat shield it does a good job of keeping dust out. Other than the water (there is a drain in the bottom) everything is at least clean. You do loose a little room. But the storage space is contoured like the open void under the seat so it's wider at the bottom. I looked and looked for something to fit under the seat... finally I gave up and ordered this. It's $100 trash can but it fits and protects those underseat electronics. A $10 waterproof Amazon dry bag and I have my recovery stuff, fix a flat, small compressor, plugs and tools, random tools, tow strap and K&N prefilter for my snorkel. It's packed in but I have the essentials I want with me 24/7..

advertisement
zumper

zumper

Apr 4, 2016
Minden NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok.. so it's an expensive plastic garbage can. But like you said it protects the electronics... that was my main reason for purchase. I too have shackels and such under there and didn't want them beating around so much. It's not water tight as it is a two piece system with a seam half way up the sides.. a little silicone and that will be improved. Mine had about an inch of water in it after the takeover creek ride. No mud or dust though. I keep all my stuff in a waterproof bag so it was no big deal. With the under seat heat shield it does a good job of keeping dust out. Other than the water (there is a drain in the bottom) everything is at least clean. You do loose a little room. But the storage space is contoured like the open void under the seat so it's wider at the bottom. I looked and looked for something to fit under the seat... finally I gave up and ordered this. It's $100 trash can but it fits and protects those underseat electronics. A $10 waterproof Amazon dry bag and I have my recovery stuff, fix a flat, small compressor, plugs and tools, random tools, tow strap and K&N prefilter for my snorkel. It's packed in but I have the essentials I want with me 24/7..
JTW
Thanks for the write up and straight talk. I'm still on the fence with this one. Does anyone else have one, and recommend it?

riverat1540

riverat1540

Apr 28, 2017
Algonquin, IL
Ownership

1. 1000-3
It came stock in my LE, It has a drain plug at the bottom which would make it good for cold storage as well. One thing that sucks is you have to remove the bench seat to get to it as it doesn't just flip up

Reactions: JLH and JTW
zumper

zumper

Apr 4, 2016
Minden NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It came stock in my LE, It has a drain plug at the bottom which would make it good for cold storage as well. One thing that sucks is you have to remove the bench seat to get to it as it doesn't just flip up
The cold storage has an attraction to it; but then I'd have to find another place for my permanent cargo, which combines to be fairly heavy so down low is good...
Decisions decisions.

E

Ericthered

Eric The Red
Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Sparks, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-3
How did you get the big box into the little hole? Only way I can see is to remove front seat panel and side panel. Am I on the right track? Already purchased.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!