P1000m5 2018 1000-5 leaning to the left

R

robj067

Anyone else have an issue with leaning to one side or the other? I have checked tires and uneven parking area, but the thing leans to the left. It is not excessive, but my OCD wont let it go 🤪. This model has load leveling rear suspension and no adjustment to the shocks, so nothing I can do there. Is my 200 lbs. body on that side too much to handle? It wasn't always like this, that I noticed anyway, just noticed it in the last couple months or so.
Anyway, if anyone has seen this and has a solution, let me know. If not, I guess I will just tilt my head a little when I walk towards it and call it good.

Much appreciated!

Rob

R

robj067

You will probably be tilting your head on this one.
Kind of figured as much. May be a good excuse to spend some money on a shock upgrade. I like the whole load leveling concept, but the lack of adjustability sucks.
If it gets bad enough I can hang my arm out and drag my hand on the ground while on the trail I will start to worry. 😟

R

robj067

Make sure the fuel tank is full,it's on the right! Welcome from Mississippi.

#NTC
Thanks and good thought. It is a little over half full and leans, unloaded. You would think, with any fuel at all, it would lean to the right instead of left. I just need to stop looking at it. It is not bad, but I am the kind of person that notices a crooked picture in a room and wont let it go. I guess I can always get someone that out ways me by 50 lbs or so and always have them ride shotgun. :)

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Welcome from Michigan! strechen Gretchen land!

I think your title should say “Leans Lib” 🤣 😂 And if it does….im sorry! You may need solar panel to operate it before your done!

All kidding aside…..
PICS OR IT DIDNT HAPPEN!;)🤟

R

robj067

Welcome from Michigan! strechen Gretchen land!

I think your title should say “Leans Lib” 🤣 😂 And if it does….im sorry! You may need solar panel to operate it before your done!

All kidding aside…..
PICS OR IT DIDNT HAPPEN!;)🤟
If it leaned lib, I would not be seen riding around in it. :)

I will try and get some pics on here after work.

Mopower58

Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Thanks and good thought. It is a little over half full and leans, unloaded. You would think, with any fuel at all, it would lean to the right instead of left. I just need to stop looking at it. It is not bad, but I am the kind of person that notices a crooked picture in a room and wont let it go. I guess I can always get someone that out ways me by 50 lbs or so and always have them ride shotgun. :)
Or just tilt your head!

advertisement
R

robj067

Here is a couple of pics of the right and left side from the frame to the garage floor measurement. As I said, the difference is very slight, about 3/8 of an inch. It carries that difference from front to back. I am sure I just need to get over it and realize I live in an imperfect world.

I also noticed, if I hang off one side and lean way out, it seems to lean more. 🤪

I would much rather it leaned to the right then the left though. Yes, that was political. 😁

Left Side Right Side

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Here is a couple of pics of the right and left side from the frame to the garage floor measurement. As I said, the difference is very slight, about 3/8 of an inch. It carries that difference from front to back. I am sure I just need to get over it and realize I live in an imperfect world.

I also noticed, if I hang off one side and lean way out, it seems to lean more. 🤪

I would much rather it leaned to the right then the left though. Yes, that was political. 😁

View attachment 280032 View attachment 280033
If you ever come to Tennessee to ride, be sure you get s real skid plate.

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
After reading the thread re. upper front control arm bracket welds cracking and bending, you might have a look at all suspension attach point brackets just to be sure your leaning doesn't come with more serious meaning.

R

robj067

After reading the thread re. upper front control arm bracket welds cracking and bending, you might have a look at all suspension attach point brackets just to be sure your leaning doesn't come with more serious meaning.

Went around and checked for cracks and bends the day I noticed it. All looked good. I am going to chalk it up to a weight issue. I am heavy, ride by myself a lot because I have no friends, and sit on that side, so it leans.

• Haha
Reactions: ChadD
LilRedDonkey

LilRedDonkey

Feb 25, 2021
cheesyland
Ownership

1. 500
adult friend finder!🤣 my p500 leans on the right side slightly. thinking a-arms on one side are over torqued.

• Haha
Reactions: robj067 and ChadD
ChadD

ChadD

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2018
Brown City
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Went around and checked for cracks and bends the day I noticed it. All looked good. I am going to chalk it up to a weight issue. I am heavy, ride by myself a lot because I have no friends, and sit on that side, so it leans.
Join the club my friend. 😁. All of us over 30 understand the weight issue. Some of us will just survive alittle longer in the woods. 😉. Also welcome from the thumb 👍 (Michigan)

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!