P1000 2018 P1000-3 with cab heater winch 15499?

S

Sportshot

Aug 24, 2013
I’m new with trying to figure out what the value of a used P1000 3 would be worth. If this was a private party I would be more interested It appears to be a 2018 Deluxe with the wrong tires and wheels. Looks to have a hard cab with soft doors and a glass back window. Winch and heater listed on the add With 299 miles. 15499. I would think this is a great price except the tires look wrong and worn out.

Im not quite ready or I would go look at it. Used car and vehicle sales company is the seller. What do you guys think, looks like a great value

Reactions: TxDoc and TripleB
sek-hunter

sek-hunter

Oct 28, 2013
I’d check the mileage. I believe the mileage shown is the distance until the next service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S

Sportshot

Aug 24, 2013
I’d check the mileage. I believe the mileage shown is the distance until the next service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I see what you mean, thanks for the heads up. I’m going to send the guy a message requesting further information on mileage and hours. I also asked about the tires and wheels

Reactions: TxDoc
TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I’m new with trying to figure out what the value of a used P1000 3 would be worth. If this was a private party I would be more interested It appears to be a 2018 Deluxe with the wrong tires and wheels. Looks to have a hard cab with soft doors and a glass back window. Winch and heater listed on the add With 299 miles. 15499. I would think this is a great price except the tires look wrong and worn out.

Im not quite ready or I would go look at it. Used car and vehicle sales company is the seller. What do you guys think, looks like a great value

In 2018 they had a base 3 seater with no colored panels, no power steering or paddle shifters. Next step up was a EPS model that came with power steering, colored panels and paddle shifters. It still had the 12 inch steel wheels and Blackstone tires. The one in the AD is a eps model. The deluxe had all that and pretty 14 inch wheels, bighorn tires and LED headlights.

Reactions: TxDoc and Sportshot
TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Its

Its all changed now they dont have a non- power steering model. I believe it started in 2019 but could have been 2020 models.

Reactions: TxDoc and Sportshot
S

Sportshot

Aug 24, 2013
I got a text back from the guy and he sent me a picture of 1003 miles on the read out and 153 hours in another picture. Anyone have an idea of who makes the cab? Appears to have a glass front and back window.

Reactions: TxDoc
TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I got a text back from the guy and he sent me a picture of 1003 miles on the read out and 153 hours in another picture. Anyone have an idea of who makes the cab? Appears to have a glass front and back window.
Looks like a honda roof and fabric doors. The rear panel looks to be honda also. Im betting the windshield is also but I can't tell 100% . Thats a honda LE bumper on the front. Also honda switch panel in the cab. Its all honda.

Reactions: TxDoc and ChadD
S

Sportshot

Aug 24, 2013
In 2018 they had a base 3 seater with no colored panels, no power steering or paddle shifters. Next step up was a EPS model that came with power steering, colored panels and paddle shifters. It still had the 12 inch steel wheels and Blackstone tires. The one in the AD is a eps model. The deluxe had all that and pretty 14 inch wheels, bighorn tires and LED headlights.

Thanks for the information. So I would guess the cab components, winch, heater, and voltmeter is about $3500 worth of parts retail

Reactions: TxDoc and ChadD
advertisement
S

Sportshot

Aug 24, 2013
Well I’ve asked for them to give me an OTD price and have not received it. Typical used car dealer I guess. I would not necessarily set mine up the way this is because I am concerned about the fixed windshield. I like the idea of glass but Ive seen others out there that have some consideration for ventilation.

I’ve read a lot of information on this site regarding ways to lessen the cab heat so it looks like there are some was to mitigate the problem

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Well I’ve asked for them to give me an OTD price and have not received it. Typical used car dealer I guess. I would not necessarily set mine up the way this is because I am concerned about the fixed windshield. I like the idea of glass but Ive seen others out there that have some consideration for ventilation.

I’ve read a lot of information on this site regarding ways to lessen the cab heat so it looks like there are some was to mitigate the problem
I wanted glass so I could have a wiper. I had it a month and got rid of it. It was just too hot and it was in December.

Reactions: Sportshot
HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
I have a different point of view. It's worth what you're paying for it.

The value of the accessories is hard to estimate. You don't know if they're Honda OEM accessories or aftermarket. At best they are used and worth maybe half of retail price. My dealer charged me full MSRP for a 2021 Pioneer 1000 but discounted a long list of Honda OEM accessories and installed them at no charge. I paid full retail for the buggy because no dealers nearby had a Pioneer.

If you knew the prior owner and knew how he used and cared for the machine it might be a good buy. But if the owner used it hard, submerged it in mud and water, put it away dirty, and neglected prescribed maintenance if could be a bad buy. As a 2018 it has no Honda warranty unless prior owner bought an extended warranty.

I would wait patiently and buy a new one.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!