2018 PIONEER TAKEOVER - April 20 & 21 - Ride Royal Blue!

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I can’t speak for @JACKAL’s back yard... but HOA’s in this part of the country essentially do only a couple things. Restrict mobile homes from being put in, put a minimum sqft requirement on homes being built and give a list of approved exterior material types to keep homes of a similar standard. And to keep common areas mowed. I think most folks experience and idea of HOAs are a little skewed. I expect jackals area will be of similar mindset... it’s not about micro managing home owners, it’s about setting a reasonable standard. My neighborhood is $100 a year and I can still have livestock if I so choose.
That’s kind of what I was getting at. The next property I purchase I’d like to Start an orchard and raise some animals like a few pigs goats and maybe some horses along with some chickens. Nothing overbearingly garish or trashy looking. I try to keep a neat and somewhat organized perspective on things. Everything I’ve ever heard of HOA’s in the past where that you couldn’t even have a garden in your yard. It’s always nice to have a shooting range as well. Do they allow shooting ranges there? Also interested as to how the lake is fed.

Reactions: sharp
J

JTW

That’s kind of what I was getting at. The next property I purchase I’d like to Start an orchard and raise some animals like a few pigs goats and maybe some horses along with some chickens. Nothing overbearingly garish or trashy looking. I try to keep a neat and somewhat organized perspective on things. Everything I’ve ever heard of HOA’s in the past where that you couldn’t even have a garden in your yard. It’s always nice to have a shooting range as well. Do they allow shooting ranges there? Also interested as to how the lake is fed.
I can’t speak for his area but I do all of the above at my place..

Reactions: sharp and 100Acre
100Acre

100Acre

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Does the subdivision have access to the lake or is the lake only accessible by the 25 acre property? If I have to share the lake I’m not really interested. It’s all mine mine mine! Although, I would let jackal fish there.

J

JTW

Point being.. just because there is an “HOA” doesn’t mean it’s a bad thing.. I wouldn’t/couldn’t live where I couldn’t do what I wanted to... but there are also a few things I don’t want to deal with. Nobody wants a nice house next to a junky run down trailer or shack and unless you’re buying a decent size farm you’re kinda sol.

J

JTW

Does the subdivision have access to the lake or is the lake only accessible by the 25 acre property? If I have to share the lake I’m not really interested. It’s all mine mine mine! Although, I would let jackal fish there.
I took it to mean it was just on the property but @JACKAL will have to answer that.. I live 4hours away in Ky.

Reactions: 100Acre
chadbo

chadbo

Mama tried
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2015
Seminary , Ms
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Point being.. just because there is an “HOA” doesn’t mean it’s a bad thing.. I wouldn’t/couldn’t live where I couldn’t do what I wanted to... but there are also a few things I don’t want to deal with. Nobody wants a nice house next to a junky run down trailer or shack and unless you’re buying a decent size farm you’re kinda sol.
I see it and wouldn't want to be the trashy neighbor but at the same time, f the man lol

Reactions: 100Acre and JTW
J

JTW

I see it and wouldn't want to be the trashy neighbor but at the same time, f the man lol
C0A8D978 C17B 4022 91DF B89B69C1CD3E

100Acre

100Acre

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I took it to mean it was just on the property but @JACKAL will have to answer that.. I live 4hours away in Ky.
You near land o the lakes? I hear they have a squatch there. Spell check changed it to “Squat Challenge”. Do you have a squat challenge there?o_O

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
That lake is on that lot only, so private. It's really more of a pond. I do all my fishing at Long John Silver's and catch my limit every time.

There is 96 total lot, several have a small pond on them.

100Acre

100Acre

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That lake is on that lot only, so private. It's really more of a pond. I do all my fishing at Long John Silver's and catch my limit every time.

I’m sincerely interested, is there a link?

chadbo

chadbo

Mama tried
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2015
Seminary , Ms
Ownership

1. 1000-5

I see the wife's buggy made the avatar lol, you liking it?

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
100Acre

100Acre

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@CumminsPusher wheres the countdown?

J

JTW

You near land o the lakes? I hear they have a squatch there. Spell check changed it to “Squat Challenge”. Do you have a squat challenge there?o_O
I’m north east of there about 3 hours... I’m on a different lake though quite a bit smaller at 5,500 acres.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!