2019 Pioneer Takeover - May 3&4th - Ride Royal Blue, TN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bpaul

Bpaul

Jul 29, 2018
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
View attachment 104052

I have 30” roctanes. I have the satv arms front and back and the highlighter 2” lift kit. I also have Elka shocks but fox are a more economical option. This would be WAY cheaper than portals and last longer. If you wanted to do the IGR @Kilo427 is a pro at now I think and he’s your neighbor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Husband just informed me we have 32” roctanes...

Kilo427

Kilo427

Not about the destination Its about the journey
Lifetime Member
Dec 10, 2015
I am all about saving money! If we can get our tires on it without purchasing portals I’m perfectly happy with that! I will talk to Ty and maybe we could have @Kilo427 over for dinner and he can tell us more about it! I make some good fried pork chops or steaks, or well anything really lol but pork chops are my favorite haha

Did some one mention food.... oh yea Im a pro at whatever yall been talking about lol! Depends on his riding style, Yes around the parts for rice fields and mud, which about all that is here I think portals are ok but they are gonna limit you in how diverse your riding can be. You will have a hard time trail riding most likely with portals given width and just the nature of portals. But he if you like mud, want big tires and wanna go deep, then do it worse case scenario they blow apart and you have to buy arched A arms.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Yea that’s not happening without portal I doubt... @joeymt33 do you concur?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s going to be hard to fit with out portals. Also, I wouldn’t drive it with 32’s and no IGR either. Plus the roctanes are heavy already and 32’s would be hard to pull and hard on everything.

I’ve got 32” Terrabites and they are about an 1” shorter than 32” roctanes. I had to do some custom things to make the front A-arms 2.5” forward. Also I HAD to do the IGR after switching to 32’s and now wish I had them with the 30’s. The IGR rocks!

I’d sell the 32’s and get 30’s in roctanes. They are good tires and get even better when you cut sipes into them.

Debbd9a5ae0e1e607cb5213db9e347c2

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Well, Ty has done his reasearch and he feels we need portals so we are getting portals. I’m just the woman and I listen to what my husband tells me. :D:D

Portals = lots of broken stuff unless you ride easy with the LE crowd. :).

They are very hard on suspension and steering. They also get really hot and become maintenance issues when traveling at higher speeds.

For mud and swamps, they are the best! Just not for rocks and mountains

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Portals = lots of broken stuff unless you ride easy with the LE crowd. :).

They are very hard on suspension and steering. They also get really hot and become maintenance issues when traveling at higher speeds.

For mud and swamps, they are the best! Just not for rocks and mountains
Oh you too now????

J

JTW

I am all about saving money! If we can get our tires on it without purchasing portals I’m perfectly happy with that! I will talk to Ty and maybe we could have @Kilo427 over for dinner and he can tell us more about it! I make some good fried pork chops or steaks, or well anything really lol but pork chops are my favorite haha
They’re my favorite too!! I’ll be at kilos in a couple weeks! Lol

Bpaul

Bpaul

Jul 29, 2018
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah.. if y’all aren’t going to the mulberry ride maybe we can meet up and poke fun of your “portal” husband!

Yeah we can’t do back to back rides with my husband he is on call every weekend and if he wants a weekend off he has to have someone else cover and he doesn’t want to abuse his co workers and have them cover him too much so we can really only do about one ride a month right now

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!