2019 Pioneer Takeover - May 3&4th - Ride Royal Blue, TN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hell hes just in paragould. If you see a homeless man driving a clapped out green pioneer that's him. Hes really a doctor but he took the whole duck dynasty craze a little too far.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Last time I saw @Kilo427
A54C6789 7245 47CE B7C2 41EC8467F7FB

Kilo427

Kilo427

Not about the destination Its about the journey
Lifetime Member
Dec 10, 2015
We are from southern Illinois but live in Jonesboro Arkansas.

Thats cool Im right down the road from ya in Paragould. I don't ride much around these parts not many places to go. I do ride at cloud 9 alot and I try to go to as many group rides as I can!

Bpaul

Bpaul

Jul 29, 2018
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thats cool Im right down the road from ya in Paragould. I don't ride much around these parts not many places to go. I do ride at cloud 9 alot and I try to go to as many group rides as I can!

We have some friends that have membership at cloud9 every time we have been invited though Ty is working. It also seems to be very expensive compared to other places to ride.

Reactions: sharp
Bpaul

Bpaul

Jul 29, 2018
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I don’t know if he was on the bear creek ride... he rides cloud 9 pretty often. And then we usually do all the club rides together. Headed to Moab this fall.

When are you planning on adding these portals?
We are hoping to sometime in February early March.

J

JTW

We are hoping to sometime in February early March.
Not trying to be an ass... that’s just natural. But why? I think you’ll find them not all that great for the types of riding this group does. I would highly suggest getting some seat time first. If you’re going to the Takeover you’re just asking for trouble with them!

Reactions: sharp and Bpaul
Bpaul

Bpaul

Jul 29, 2018
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Not trying to be an ass... that’s just natural. But why? I think you’ll find them not all that great for the types of riding this group does. I would highly suggest getting some seat time first. If you’re going to the Takeover you’re just asking for trouble with them!
Hey that is all my husbands doing... personally I think they are ridiculous but he is dead set on them... thinks they are the best kind of lift and he wants a lift... And seriously we bring our daughter with us and won’t be doing any hard or rough riding anyways but again Ty says we need it. I know nothing. I know if it is taller than 83” it won’t fit in our garage..

Reactions: JTW and sharp
Bpaul

Bpaul

Jul 29, 2018
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

What do you suggest then?? And he already bought 30” tires...

Bpaul

Bpaul

Jul 29, 2018
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I don't think a single Pioneer on portals made it thru the takeover last year without some sort of issue.

Dang... I will tell Ty... then what should we do if we want more clearance and to put on 30” tires? We already put on Satv A Arms

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Dang... I will tell Ty... then what should we do if we want more clearance and to put on 30” tires? We already put on Satv A Arms
How much clearance do you guys need? That's an honest question. @joeymt33 would be a good guy to talk to. A lot of folks are running 30" tires and not using portals. Combined this club has thousands and thousands of miles of riding and portals have rarely if ever come up as a need. The only time I've seen them is for guys in rice fields going to their duck hunting spot.

Is there a specific use you have planned for the pioneer that makes portals a benefit? If so have at it, but we're here to help you 2 out.

You or Ty should start a thread about your machine and any questions you have. You will find it very useful!

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

How much clearance do you guys need? That's an honest question. @joeymt33 would be a good guy to talk to. A lot of folks are running 30" tires and not using portals. Combined this club has thousands and thousands of miles of riding and portals have rarely if ever come up as a need. The only time I've seen them is for guys in rice fields going to their duck hunting spot.

Is there a specific use you have planned for the pioneer that makes portals a benefit? If so have at it, but we're here to help you 2 out.

You or Ty should start a thread about your machine and any questions you have. You will find it very useful!

Save the money and get Super ATV arms all the way around. That’s enough room for 30” EVOs, Terrabites and others that are not huge. The 30” Roctanes need a little bit of lift to not rub.

For the $3000 price tag if portals, I’d spend $600 on SATV arms and $1500 on Fox suspension. Then you could run true 30’s by adding preload if you need to. Or a bracket lift like many have done.

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What do you suggest then?? And he already bought 30” tires...

For mud riding in the fields of central Arkansas they are probably a necessary evil. Prepare for a lot of maintenance on them though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: JTW and sharp
nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5

I would tell Ty to try and come to a big ride close by before he spends that money on portals. He might see some of our machines and decide he doesn’t need them...

Bpaul

Bpaul

Jul 29, 2018
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Save the money and get Super ATV arms all the way around. That’s enough room for 30” EVOs, Terrabites and others that are not huge. The 30” Roctanes need a little bit of lift to not rub.

For the $3000 price tag if portals, I’d spend $600 on SATV arms and $1500 on Fox suspension. Then you could run true 30’s by adding preload if you need to. Or a bracket lift like many have done.

I’m pretty sure we do have the a Arms front and back and I’m pretty sure the tires we have are roctanes... we will be going to muddy bottoms February 15-17th I doubt we have time to get the portals on before then.. and honestly I don’t know why he wants them because we really won’t be doing anything but riding pavement and going to muddy bottoms, bear creek trail, wolf pen and pioneer takeover. When and if we take it up to Illinois to our land up there it is still pretty tame.

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’m pretty sure we do have the a Arms front and back and I’m pretty sure the tires we have are roctanes... we will be going to muddy bottoms February 15-17th I doubt we have time to get the portals on before then.. and honestly I don’t know why he wants them because we really won’t be doing anything but riding pavement and going to muddy bottoms, bear creek trail, wolf pen and pioneer takeover. When and if we take it up to Illinois to our land up there it is still pretty tame.

1e2a27a72bc11264c29350fad8527828

I have 30” roctanes. I have the satv arms front and back and the highlighter 2” lift kit. I also have Elka shocks but fox are a more economical option. This would be WAY cheaper than portals and last longer. If you wanted to do the IGR @Kilo427 is a pro at now I think and he’s your neighbor.

Bpaul

Bpaul

Jul 29, 2018
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
View attachment 104052

I have 30” roctanes. I have the satv arms front and back and the highlighter 2” lift kit. I also have Elka shocks but fox are a more economical option. This would be WAY cheaper than portals and last longer. If you wanted to do the IGR @Kilo427 is a pro at now I think and he’s your neighbor.

I am all about saving money! If we can get our tires on it without purchasing portals I’m perfectly happy with that! I will talk to Ty and maybe we could have @Kilo427 over for dinner and he can tell us more about it! I make some good fried pork chops or steaks, or well anything really lol but pork chops are my favorite haha

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I am all about saving money! If we can get our tires on it without purchasing portals I’m perfectly happy with that! I will talk to Ty and maybe we could have @Kilo427 over for dinner and he can tell us more about it! I make some good fried pork chops or steaks, or well anything really lol but pork chops are my favorite haha
Be careful you'll have more than just kilo showing up for dinner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!