H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
It looks like I will be keeping this one for at least another 30,000 miles. My major improvements are the intake snorkel and Eibach Shock Springs. I marked the driveshaft bearing cups and they are still ok so I should get another 30,000 miles with no problems. My 2019 Talon is getting close to 31,000 miles and still runs like new. Honda has done a great job with Talon. Its difficult to develop a new product but easy to make improvements. It doesn't look like the 2022 Talon will have the suspension and the air intake location improved so not much interest in a new Talon.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
I just hit 6000 on my 2021. This is the original filter, I've been using your snorkel idea since the first mile but I stopped behind the passenger seat. For the curious, Bob's snorkel idea is linked in my sig with the part numbers he kindly provided.
I LSPwSKC L

This is the first time (of 3 checks) that I've seen any color on the filter, just a very lite dust. I can be blamed for that, I let the Uni get pretty dirty before it gets changed. 😊
I THfbZb9 L

Reactions: Desmo and TripleB
Enigma

Enigma

East Tennessee Mudder
Lifetime Member
Mar 22, 2020
Rocky Top
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Thanks HondaBob. Why to you think your driveshaft bearing cups has lasted and others have failed. Bad batch from the manufacturer fro some of the owners? Or are you using a wheel/tire config that closest to Honda OEM?

Also what Eibach spring configs are you using. The tender springs are complete swap out?

H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
The U-joint bearing cups must have a press fit. When they can be installed by hand they will turn and the C clip will get pushed out allowing the bearing cup to fall out. It looks like there was several yokes that didn't have the press fit. I have the full set of Eibach springs. The tender spring is soft enough to help with the still damping.

Reactions: Hometeam and CID

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!