2022 Leaked Pioneer 1000 Info!!!! Honda Pioneer Updates and Improvements.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
UPDATES...

• Most P1k Models will come with i4wd standard. Only the base 3 and 5 seater will not.
  • More conformation on single piece frame.
  • Conformation on 3 piece straight tie rods.
  • New bumper package, some will include a winch.
  • Redesigned front hood.
  • Updated radiator with updated fan.
  • And... Bold new graphics.

GPR1500SC

GPR1500SC

Lifetime Member
Mar 3, 2016
North East MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
Wonder how they figured out how to make the nut/bolt smaller. The current pioneer can barely keep the ball joint and tie rod nuts tight.
They added weight on the tie rod so some engineer's text book said the smaller one was strong enough, forget about the real world.

The good thing to see in the picture of the frame you can unbolt the rock slider.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
H

HondaTech

They added weight on the tie rod so some engineer's text book said the smaller one was strong enough, forget about the real world.

The good thing to see in the picture of the frame you can unbolt the rock slider.

They've always been removable.

We've never had any issues with the stock tie rods on our Talon race car. When we switched to the RaceCo (with a stud and heims) the stud almost always comes loose.

I wonder if they put the sleeve collar in yhe knuckle like a Talon as well.

GPR1500SC

GPR1500SC

Lifetime Member
Mar 3, 2016
North East MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
They've always been removable.

We've never had any issues with the stock tie rods on our Talon race car. When we switched to the RaceCo (with a stud and heims) the stud almost always comes loose.

I wonder if they put the sleeve collar in yhe knuckle like a Talon as well.
My bad, I noticed they where after I pulled up the older frame to compare the difference.
I never messed with my Pioneer frame.

Reactions: J80 and ChadD
russknight

russknight

Lifetime Member
Apr 13, 2019
Perry Florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
New leaked info on the 2022 Honda Pioneer 1000 lineup.
Not much to go on at this time but info says we could expect to see a "TRAIL" and a "FOREST" model.
Also, the Pioneer 1000 will receive a updated frame where as it will be a 1 piece vs the 2 piece past version.
There are also updated Clutch and engine part #'s for the 2022 suggesting updates as well.
22 models, both Talon and Pioneer will include the updated sub trans gears already announced.
Info is still very limited as we expect the 2022 model announcement to drop in the coming week.
Don't expect a general style "redesign" but could see new bumper styles and other features for different modes.

• Trail model
  • Forest Model.
  • 1 piece frame
  • Frame IMPROVED to prevent a-arm tab tearing!
  • Updated clutch pack
  • Updated Crank
  • Updated Head
  • Updated Sub Trans Gears.
  • Many other 2022 updated parts.
  • and not to leave out... BOLD NEW COLORS!
  • Same part # for L & R Tie Rod Ends. Suggest it looses the "curve". Could be similar to the Talon 3 piece.

How about
  • Interior lights
  • Double Bolt Upper A-Arm's
  • Second rear 12 volt outlet for the 5 seater.

Will post more as we have it.
View attachment 312139
Only took them what, 6 years, to make some basic changes? Wooooooo, bold new colors!!!!!!!!! Impressive!!!!! How about better ergonomics, higher quality better fitting doors, rear cab, and roof? Maybe pre-wired for aftermarket accessories? Don't get me wrong, I like my Honda, but other brands kick Honda's ass in these areas.

advertisement
sheamus

sheamus

Supporting Member
Oct 8, 2021
Bridgewater, NS
Ownership

1. Looking to buy

2. 1000-5
Only took them what, 6 years, to make some basic changes? Wooooooo, bold new colors!!!!!!!!! Impressive!!!!! How about better ergonomics, higher quality better fitting doors, rear cab, and roof? Maybe pre-wired for aftermarket accessories? Don't get me wrong, I like my Honda, but other brands kick Honda's ass in these areas.
I would say that this is the Honda corporate mission. Their cars seem to follow the same philosophy. Their car interiors are rarely as nice as the competition, though they are not ugly. Their bells and whistles are usually a few years behind the competition. Mechanically, they rarely are the first to market, they don't compete on performance.

But this mechanical approach provides what is needed for most people, is very reliable, and cost-effective. I am new to the Honda powersports scene, but I would argue that this is their approach in powersports as well. I think anyone who expects differently will be consistently disappointed.

For me, this is the attraction to the Pioneer. Yes there are competing models out there that offer better performance in every aspect, have nicer fit and finish, more options, more bells & whistles. But the pioneer is priced well compared to the competition, and reliable.

I do understand the frustration of wanting more, but just my $0.02.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Welp...
Word is the Feb 22my announcement has been canceled.
Must be having a heck of a time getting stickers for the "BOLD NEW GRAPHICS" really never thought about how hard it it to re-label vanilla extract 7 consecutive years.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!