2022 Talon 1000 FINALLY Announced!

H

HondaTech

Unless I am reading this wrong…there don’t seem to be any chassis or drivetrain upgrades. Does anyone see otherwise?

There are some sub trans and transmission changes based on part numbers.

They could've changed things that they didnt mention as well like in the past on the Pioneer (rubber flap under the fender, heat tape on rear floorboard, etc.). Once we get one in, im sure we'll be all over it.

One thing they fail to mention (atleast from what ive seen) is that the front radiator grill is now easy to remove so the radiator can be washed out. The Pioneer is also designed like this now as well.

BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
There are some sub trans and transmission changes based on part numbers.

They could've changed things that they didnt mention as well like in the past on the Pioneer (rubber flap under the fender, heat tape on rear floorboard, etc.). Once we get one in, im sure we'll be all over it.

One thing they fail to mention (atleast from what ive seen) is that the front radiator grill is now easy to remove so the radiator can be washed out. The Pioneer is also designed like this now as well.
Just seems as many people don't want I4 wd they would offer it with or with out

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Just seems as many people don't want I4 wd they would offer it with or with out
I'd bet that 75% of the people that buy them probably don't ever put them in 4WD or use low gear. If they do, it will be once or twice ever. Hell if the for sale posts on FB are any indication, most people buy them and drive them 50 miles and then list them for sale "because they don't have time to ride them".

IngoTheBarbarian

IngoTheBarbarian

Sep 25, 2021
US
I'd bet that 75% of the people that buy them probably don't ever put them in 4WD or use low gear. If they do, it will be once or twice ever. Hell if the for sale posts on FB are any indication, most people buy them and drive them 50 miles and then list them for sale "because they don't have time to ride them".
For a guy like me in Arizona, I love the i4wd. We have a billion dry, dusty trails and the dunes nearby, etc. Even for the kind of "rock crawling" we do here the i4wd works great. There are 4 guys at my work that own Talons and none of us even knew the others had them when we bought them. It's a great Western machine for the guys that do a little of everything and don't need the meathead power.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

CMB

CMB

Lifetime Member
Nov 10, 2019
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
They didn't even put the updated interior photo in their ad, still has the cluster in the old position:

View attachment 335744
I found this one.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!