CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
I'd bet that 75% of the people that buy them probably don't ever put them in 4WD or use low gear. If they do, it will be once or twice ever. Hell if the for sale posts on FB are any indication, most people buy them and drive them 50 miles and then list them for sale "because they don't have time to ride them".
I know guys like that, a new vehicle of some sort every year or less. They don't seem to be able to pinpoint their interests. I rode dirt bikes for 50 years and aged out just before Honda introduced the Talon. When they did, @Lil_Steve sent me a message on another board - "Hey lookit this new buggy. I'm going to the SxS Rally in Hurricane Utah, wanna join me in my new Talon?"

I did, we had more fun than should be legal, I came home and bought one for myself. I've been a total SxS junkie ever since and will continue to be until my health fails
ogy.gif
(8500 miles in just over 2 years).
x.gif

I ZrMGh4F XL

BobFarrell

BobFarrell

Lifetime Member
Mar 17, 2022
Arizona
Ownership

1. Talon X
Glad to see that the placed the gages where they needed to go in the first place. Curious if the "Launch Control" could be added to previous years (and if it would be worth the cost/effort)?

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Glad to see that the placed the gages where they needed to go in the first place. Curious if the "Launch Control" could be added to previous years (and if it would be worth the cost/effort)?
My honest opinion of launch mode is that’s it’s kind of a gimmick. It does work though. If you’re racing it’s help a slight bit off the line And it is damn fun to sling a ton of mud at a buddy that just got you who doesn’t have it on his machine. That roost is awesome!

2021ArthurGuinnessX4LV

2021ArthurGuinnessX4LV

Nov 15, 2020
Riverside, Ca
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Love my 2021 x4, so I have no interest in upgrading. However, when will Honda release a youth model talon so I can sell my sons RZR170. I’d love to buy him a small talon … maybe the size of the old pilot or odyssey

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
My honest opinion of launch mode is that’s it’s kind of a gimmick. It does work though. If you’re racing it help's a slight bit off the line. And it is damn fun to sling a ton of mud at a buddy that just got you who doesn’t have it on his machine. That roost is awesome!
Note to self - don't ever be the first buggy behind CP. :oops:

lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
My honest opinion of launch mode is that’s it’s kind of a gimmick. It does work though. If you’re racing it’s help a slight bit off the line And it is damn fun to sling a ton of mud at a buddy that just got you who doesn’t have it on his machine. That roost is awesome!
So asking for a friend, can you use the launch control if you are stuck in mud?
You know, like the mud wouldn't let the wheels turn so the DCT just sits there and lays a turd.

I have to wonder if the launch control is just a ploy to sell more axles from the parts department.
(If You know me, DO NOT READ ANYTHING IN TO THIS. Not a recommendation, just wondering if anybody has seen a DCT lawn sale)

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
So asking for a friend, can you use the launch control if you are stuck in mud?
You know, like the mud wouldn't let the wheels turn so the DCT just sits there and lays a turd.

I have to wonder if the launch control is just a ploy to sell more axles from the parts department.
(If You know me, DO NOT READ ANYTHING IN TO THIS. Not a recommendation, just wondering if anybody has seen a DCT lawn sale)
I haven’t tried that to be honest. I’d suspect it would just bury it worse but idk, will try that sometime. And no I haven’t bothered to try it on hardpack, don’t think I could bring myself to purposely try to spit out 3 axles.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Just wondering because it seems reminiscent of the KRX clan of a couple years back. Do like that locker though
I haven't used it yet, I only ride gravel roads, so I'm told. Except everyone has fun with "It gets easier from here" quote when they follow me 🤷‍♂️

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!