P1000 30" tires without lift

Hondoman

Hondoman

Fundamentals are the crutch for the talentless.
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2017
Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
First off let me say that the ride quality with 30's, foxes and no lift is so nice compared to the 28's, oem shocks and HL lift I previously had. In hindsight I wish I hadn't added the lift. I'm at a similar ride height now compared to the previous setup.

Like what has happened to several here, adding preload to the rear foxes collapsed the lighter "stage" of the coil springs. I replaced the fox rear coils with some 14" 300lb 3" springs. Havent driven with the new coils but seems like it will handle a load better.

Everything clears now, but I cant say what will happen under heavy compression. I have rode with the fox coils and it didnt rub untill I had about 500lbs in the bed (minimal rubbing).

Anyway, the tires are 30x10-14 system 3 xtr370 that measure 29 3/8" tall at 12 psi. The system 3 wheels are 5+2 and I have a 1" spacer on the rear only. Superatv arms on all four corners and fox coils still on the front. Pictures below, buckets for reference (because everyone needs to clear buckets scattered along the trails).

20200426 123128
20200426 120746
20200426 120726
20200426 121706

Hondoman

Hondoman

Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2017
Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
How are you liking the 370’s?
They are great so far. I needed a tire that performed well at our river bottom hunting lease. It's mostly clay soil and the tensor regulators I previously had weren't cutting it. The 370s have much more bite and make it easier crossing creeks and climbing up the banks. They track straight in muddy trails. They easily climb over logs and fallen trees, although being 30" helps with that.

The only negatives so far is they are a little loud on pavement, and they are soft so I doubt they would last if using on the road much.

advertisement
rudd

rudd

Lifetime Member
Mar 10, 2019
Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
First off let me say that the ride quality with 30's, foxes and no lift is so nice compared to the 28's, oem shocks and HL lift I previously had. In hindsight I wish I hadn't added the lift. I'm at a similar ride height now compared to the previous setup.

Like what has happened to several here, adding preload to the rear foxes collapsed the lighter "stage" of the coil springs. I replaced the fox rear coils with some 14" 300lb 3" springs. Havent driven with the new coils but seems like it will handle a load better.

Everything clears now, but I cant say what will happen under heavy compression. I have rode with the fox coils and it didnt rub untill I had about 500lbs in the bed (minimal rubbing).

Anyway, the tires are 30x10-14 system 3 xtr370 that measure 29 3/8" tall at 12 psi. The system 3 wheels are 5+2 and I have a 1" spacer on the rear only. Superatv arms on all four corners and fox coils still on the front. Pictures below, buckets for reference (because everyone needs to clear buckets scattered along the trails).

View attachment 199444View attachment 199445View attachment 199446View attachment 199447
Looks sweet

JoeyL

JoeyL

Lifetime Member
Jan 28, 2020
Houston
Ownership

1. 1000-5
30" (about 30.25" actual) SATV Warrior XT's
No Lift, sway bar removed
SATV Arms and Elka S3's all around
Added some preload in the back. Its fine without back passengers, but any extra load in the back makes it rub. may need to get a stiffer set of springs, but it rides great when im by myself.
IMG 3763
IMG 3769

Wrench04

Wrench04

Feb 16, 2019
British Columbia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’m running 30” Roctanes, Stage 4 Elkas, HL arms all around with sway bar removed. Rubs bad in the back end on compression. I recently installed mud buster mud flaps which made things worse. I cranked down the preload and it seamed to help but if I have any passengers in the back it rubs hard on bumps. I dont really want to lift it but may have no choice. Going to crank down the preload some more to see if it will help.

Hondoman

Hondoman

Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2017
Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’m running 30” Roctanes, Stage 4 Elkas, HL arms all around with sway bar removed. Rubs bad in the back end on compression. I recently installed mud buster mud flaps which made things worse. I cranked down the preload and it seamed to help but if I have any passengers in the back it rubs hard on bumps. I dont really want to lift it but may have no choice. Going to crank down the preload some more to see if it will help.
I was in the same boat as you. I swapped the rear fox springs out with some 14" x 3" 300lb springs then cranked down the preload to avoid rubbing with a load in the bed. I've only riden once since, but am going on a trail ride this weekend and will know for sure. It brought mine up about 2 more inches in the rear. Here it sits now:

20200503 115831

Wrench04

Wrench04

Feb 16, 2019
British Columbia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I was in the same boat as you. I swapped the rear fox springs out with some 14" x 3" 300lb springs then cranked down the preload to avoid rubbing with a load in the bed. I've only riden once since, but am going on a trail ride this weekend and will know for sure. It brought mine up about 2 more inches in the rear. Here it sits now:

View attachment 203126
Let me know how it rides. I’m thinking of removing my rear front flaps as they seam to contact those first. I’m hoping to crank the springs down to help out some more.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!