rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
No, I said that I think it would be cool to do. And once I'm done with all my work and I have time to fool around a little when I'm at my NM property, it's what I intend to do. The pioneer camp sounds perfect.

Kool....
my concern is... they gonna have
total fire Ban..till the Monsoons
get here....they posted fire Ban in
Mills Canyon. ..the day we left

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Kool....
my concern is... they gonna have
total fire Ban..till the Monsoons
get here....they posted fire Ban in
Mills Canyon. ..the day we left
That would be summertime right, monsoon season??

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
That would be summertime right, monsoon season??

Yes....
monsoon season starts in June
till October. ..or so they say
Nothing controls the
Monsoons

S

Sledge

First, those 30s just look cool. To use rocmar's favorite term, BADA$$!

Miano's is my favorite rig I've seen here. Simple, all business, and 30s!

Montecresto's point that if you go taller without going wider, you're gonna get tippier is just a fact, though.

Too tippy? That's subjective. We each get/need to make that call for ourselves.

I can't go wider. Would if I could, but I've gotta be legal on gummint trails. That's why I bought a P500.

It's gonna be 25-8-12s up front for me, and 25-10-12s out back. Not so I can take curves faster, but so I can stay upright when I find myself in places I desperately wish I wasn't, as I surely will.

Now, Bearclaws or Bighorns--that is the question...

Joe

Reactions: miano248
rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500

Montecresto's point that if you go taller without going wider, you're gonna get tippier is just a fact, though.

I can't go wider. Would if I could, but I've gotta be legal on gummint trails. That's why I bought a P500.

It's gonna be 25-8-12s up front for me, and 25-10-12s out back. Not so I can take curves faster, but so I can stay upright when I find myself in places I desperately wish I wasn't, as I surely will.

Joe

Big Horns

Reactions: trigger
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4

Joe
That's a very good size that you're picking there. Bearclaws/Bighorns, both good tires with great reviews. Bet you can't wait to get to the mountains outside Durango.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500

Joe
Consider 26" Sledge. A lot of other guys running them including me. Love 'em.

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Consider 26" Sledge. A lot of other guys running them including me. Love 'em.
Yep...26" gives it a proper
stance....& still fun to ride

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
C

Chris_p500

Aug 31, 2018
Sc
Ownership

1. 500
Welcome to the club. We would love to see your 500.
Did u do the frame modification? Where is it hitting at?
Thanks.
After having them on for while how do you like those tires? Have they caused and long problems? Will the machine still run in the 40mph range? Does it lag? I'm about to order a set and I wanna find out if I need to go a different route

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Interesting, just read through this thread again and wondering how these guys are running 30's without forward A arms? They must not be true 30's or something? There's not a whole lot of room left with true 26's. o_O

pFive

pFive

May 3, 2016
Greenwood IN
Ownership

1. 500
Mine measured out at exactly 30" when new, with my 2" spacers and my after market wheels the tread can "just" touch the firewall plastic in a hard turn.

Reactions: Todd627 and trigger
pFive

pFive

May 3, 2016
Greenwood IN
Ownership

1. 500
So you think true 28 x 10's would clear without a problem with aftermarket wheels and spacers?
I really cant say, width of the tire may have an impact on that. I did cut my frame end off, forgot to mention that. I do see a LOT of guys on the P500 facebook group running a 28, might be worth checking.

Reactions: Todd627 and trigger
alloutdoors

alloutdoors

Jan 21, 2018
US
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-4

3. Do not currently own
For those of you running 28" or taller tires, are you seeing any real difference in performance, i.e., lugging or similar when compared to the stock 24" ones? I know these little units are geared very low and would think it should be fine, but curious through experience....

J

JoJoFarms

Jan 1, 2019
US
Ownership

1. 500
I'm new guys. Just an Arkansas rice farmer. Been around ATV's all my life but recently made the swap to my first sxs. I chose the 500 for the 50 in. stance as I own hunting property in the Ozarks. I also chose it for its reputation of durability and reliability which is a must for farming. I didn't like the stock ground clearance and went with the tallest tires without rubbing recommended from the dealer. I also did not want aftermarket rims and spacers cuz I didn't want the tires to stick out and throw mud. I don't see me riding in a lot of mud but if I do I don't want it on me. I mainly bought it to get me around the farm and maintaining my hunting property. There's a lot of rocks on my property so I went with ITP Blackwater Evolutions for the 8 ply radial construction. They are 28x10R12s. I just picked the sxs up last month and have actually only loaded it on and off the trailer but I can confirm they do not rub nor have I modified the frame. They are all the same size on the stock rims. The front tires track wider than the back and I just ordered 1 inch spacers for the back along with MudBusters.

56877541295  353D2843 FAAF 4890 A1C4 15510685D27D

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I'm new guys. Just an Arkansas rice farmer. Been around ATV's all my life but recently made the swap to my first sxs. I chose the 500 for the 50 in. stance as I own hunting property in the Ozarks. I also chose it for its reputation of durability and reliability which is a must for farming. I didn't like the stock ground clearance and went with the tallest tires without rubbing recommended from the dealer. I also did not want aftermarket rims and spacers cuz I didn't want the tires to stick out and throw mud. I don't see me riding in a lot of mud but if I do I don't want it on me. I mainly bought it to get me around the farm and maintaining my hunting property. There's a lot of rocks on my property so I went with ITP Blackwater Evolutions for the 8 ply radial construction. They are 28x10R12s. I just picked the sxs up last month and have actually only loaded it on and off the trailer but I can confirm they do not rub nor have I modified the frame. They are all the same size on the stock rims. The front tires track wider than the back and I just ordered 1 inch spacers for the back along with MudBusters.

View attachment 103490

Can you verify their true height? I'm reading 27.5 to 28.5.

Reactions: Todd627

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!