P1000 4-5 month old 2018 P1K over heating

SuperDutyJohn

SuperDutyJohn

Aug 20, 2018
Vero Beach, FL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Ok, I was riding with people at night and most of the riding was slow to no movement for hours, left it on in neutral or park, the only reason I left it on was: it was 58 degrees and we kind of used the engine for heat. I made sure we moved every now and again and the fan ran, it was as warm as toast.

Next day I washed it and ran it down the road for about a 10 minute ride and there was antifreeze pouring out on the drivers side as someone noted next to me. I ran home and checked the overflow tank, it was empty and the machine never showed overheating or, the dash showing overheating. The so called temp gauge showed 2 bars. I filled it again and saw water running down the side of the radiator, then, the thing started "steaming" like crazy! I shut it off and the radiator was low, I filled the overflow tank and it was empty and kind of burped when opening the radiator cap. Then I filled the radiator with distilled water and it was lowering to the upper elbow on the drivers side after a few minutes. The fan worked one time and then it heated up with steam, the fan didn't go on? Bad radiator or do I need to do the burp procedure (need to be educated about burping) to stop this? I bought this machine in August new and did run a long time parked at idle and sporadic raising the RPM's to not idle so long. Total idle time might have been over a half hour.

Any thoughts?

Reactions: sharp
alloutdoors

alloutdoors

Jan 21, 2018
US
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-4

3. Do not currently own
If the overflow box was low from the dealership and using it during the summer (Aug temps) you may have cycled it a few times and pulled in some air. Here is a car burp video and is a pretty easy procedure,

SuperDutyJohn

SuperDutyJohn

Aug 20, 2018
Vero Beach, FL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
If the overflow box was low from the dealership and using it during the summer (Aug temps) you may have cycled it a few times and pulled in some air. Here is a car burp video and is a pretty easy procedure,
It worked! Thanks, I had a feeling it was the burp!

Reactions: alloutdoors
alloutdoors

alloutdoors

Jan 21, 2018
US
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-4

3. Do not currently own
I'll have a beer on job well done for both of us :)

Reactions: SuperDutyJohn

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!