P700 700-4 Hard cold weather starting

B

BobRack

Supporting Member
Oct 7, 2019
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
Hi folks, I have a 2021 pioneer 700-4 deluxe. Like many here it has been a disappointment with cold weather starting. I have tried the larger battery, plugs, valve adjustment, checking voltage at every point, with no improvement. After I did the valve adjustment, first time, 700 miles and way loose, I attempted to start it. The usual happened lot's of cranking, no start. I pulled the plugs thinking it was flooded but the plugs were dry. So I tried 1/4 pedal and cranked it over about 4 turns, let off the key and released the pedal and cranked it again and it fired right up. I have been cold starting it this way since and it has worked great every time, 17 degrees F out this morning and it started right up doing it this way. Anyway hope it helps someone else.
I've actually been trying to use that method for awhile. But just hasn't been cold enough. Several mornings it's been in the 20's and it seems to help. I also finally had to replace the battery which also helped. But I think there is something to this.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!