P500 $74 audio system - *** Update*** Follow up. Need to read before you buy.

Duckiller

Duckiller

Oct 17, 2016
Eagle, ID
Ownership

1. 500
I looked at that area, perfect size for a little thumper. If I hadn't had the toolbox to mount in, that's where I would've went.
Sits low but a speaker getting wet isn't the end of the world, you putting it in pvc?
PVC is my plan, I have to figure out how to do that. I am planning on using a Marine speaker so I dont have to worry about it getting wet, still trying to decide which one. I dont usually ride in the winter, too busy skiing with the family so I have some time to work it out.

Reactions: trigger
Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Ha, no worries. I really just wanted the amp with the bluetooth capability and was actually trying to find that without the speakers anyway. Fosgate makes some 4" speakers I have been looking at if I cant get the bigger ones to fit. I am that guy that has 1k watts of stereo in my camper with a 10" sub so figured I would be modifying it anyway. I like music, and I like it loud! The wife, not so much. Everyone has to have 90" of high def projection while camping right?

View attachment 26834
:eek:What no popcorn machineo_O lol now that's what I call roughing it:)

Reactions: JTW
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
PVC is my plan, I have to figure out how to do that. I am planning on using a Marine speaker so I dont have to worry about it getting wet, still trying to decide which one. I dont usually ride in the winter, too busy skiing with the family so I have some time to work it out.

I never checked that area out with a tape but if you could fit 8" pvc, that would bump pretty good. Especially sitting under you.

Duckiller

Duckiller

Oct 17, 2016
Eagle, ID
Ownership

1. 500
So now looking at it I think a 6 1/2" is the way to go. I will start another thread with the build but I am mid build for the box which is 6" pipe, a 6" cap, and a wooden face plate. It won't sound like my man room but it should fill out the lows that the $74 special is missing. Speaker will be pointed out to the front firing at your legs. Box is hidden in the dead space under the seat.

Reactions: trigger and JTW
J

Jshell3

So now looking at it I think a 6 1/2" is the way to go. I will start another thread with the build but I am mid build for the box which is 6" pipe, a 6" cap, and a wooden face plate. It won't sound like my man room but it should fill out the lows that the $74 special is missing. Speaker will be pointed out to the front firing at your legs. Box is hidden in the dead space under the seat.
I gots a $1.88 trashcan under there... holding a tow strap. LOL
Btw, I drilled holes in the trashcan to let the water out... tow strap don't care.

J

Jshell3

You're missing the lows, pretty good by now?
See... it gets to you, eventually.
Did me.
I went from, "This thing is rockin! I gotta tell all my friends." To. "Uh-oh... I better issue a retraction".

Reactions: trigger and JTW
J

Jshell3

Hell no.. I might go do that tonight if I can ever get the wife to quit groping my body!! Geeesh... I'm not a piece of meat!
Well, at least temp hook it to a battery and wake the neighbors !!!
Tell them is a product review for Amazon. :)

advertisement
Duckiller

Duckiller

Oct 17, 2016
Eagle, ID
Ownership

1. 500
You're missing the lows, pretty good by now?
See... it gets to you, eventually.
Did me.
I went from, "This thing is rockin! I gotta tell all my friends." To. "Uh-oh... I better issue a retraction".
Yeah, I would admit the lack of bass is starting to kill me. Original thought was "Hey, how much sound do you really need, its just an ATV". That is still probably the right thought.....but I just cant leave well enough alone!

Plus, I think I have decided that I like tinkering with the 500 as much as I like driving it!

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Yeah, I would admit the lack of bass is starting to kill me. Original thought was "Hey, how much sound do you really need, its just an ATV". That is still probably the right thought.....but I just cant leave well enough alone!

Plus, I think I have decided that I like tinkering with the 500 as much as I like driving it!

When I was 12 yrs old I mounted a 6 x 9 in a cardboard box with twist ties and wired it to a small transistor radio...just couldn't stand it! ;)

PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hell no.. I might go do that tonight if I can ever get the wife to quit groping my body!! Geeesh... I'm not a piece of meat!
I think "tool" was actually the term she used... (=

J

JTW

I bought one of the bazooka sound bars.. just hooked it up to a spare battery tonight to see how it worked. I LIKE IT!! There are a few things I'd change about it but as for it being a sound bar.. it's great! It also has fancy dancing lights. I wasn't too interested in that other than they'll make a great dome light! It also has a jack to hook other lights on it. With a physical button on the tube. The other lights are controlled via remote. That's the one thing I wasn't crazy about. That and it doesn't have volume control on the sound bar itself. But with controlling it thru the phone that's not a big deal. It has more base than the NOAM system and is about equally loud and clear.

Reactions: trigger
locoboilerguy

locoboilerguy

Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2016
Western Colorado
Ownership

1. 500
Careful, groping can lead to trophies. :rolleyes:

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!