Dragon21

Dragon21

In my defense, I was left unsupervised
Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Couldn’t you have just added different springs to your fox shocks and achieve similar results?
Didn't have rear fox shocks, so cant compare how the rear fox is compared to rear 814. Also dont know alot of suspension, learning though. Which is one of the reasons I wanted the 814's when debating that over full fox, its forcing me to learn about suspension which i wouldnt have otherwise

Reactions: JTW and joeymt33
T

twsagslrs

Mar 9, 2019
Ennice
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I ordered the new 814s this week myself, hopefully someone will take my old fox off my hands. I just got tired of waiting. I didn't opt for the remote reservoir tho as he said for my application it would be overkill and another good chunk of change. Very interested to see how they perform, hopefully as good as the high end elka and walkers like he says

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T

twsagslrs

Mar 9, 2019
Ennice
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Did u get the dominators? How are u like your shocks?

Choped5er

Choped5er

Lifetime Member
Oct 2, 2017
Union
Did u get the dominators? How are u like your shocks?

I did get the dominators, just finished the install today and only rode down a dirt road to my chicken house, but already seem to be better than the fox to me. They were a little stiffer, but Craig said they will soften up after 15-20 mile break in time. Overall I think they will be great. I'll let you know more on here after I get a few more good miles on them and let everything settle in and what not. Still haven't adjusted them any either

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S

Superthrill

Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2018
North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Didn't have rear fox shocks, so cant compare how the rear fox is compared to rear 814. Also dont know alot of suspension, learning though. Which is one of the reasons I wanted the 814's when debating that over full fox, its forcing me to learn about suspension which i wouldnt have otherwise

Did you get the rear sorted out? Really w as thing this thread. My rear factory spri gs on my P1000-5 are shot. The top coils for the dual rate are collapsed with no one in the machine.

Really thinking about the 814's. I want something that at the end of the day, when I am on the other side of the park and ready to go home, I can maintain 25 mph without beating my brains out.

aauman88

aauman88

Supporting Member
Feb 19, 2019
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’m also considering the 814’s so I can take off my bracket lift and clear my 31” tires with forward arched a arms but don’t want to have to constantly adjust the shocks.

Reactions: Mudwing
Dragon21

Dragon21

In my defense, I was left unsupervised
Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Did you get the rear sorted out? Really w as thing this thread. My rear factory spri gs on my P1000-5 are shot. The top coils for the dual rate are collapsed with no one in the machine.

Really thinking about the 814's. I want something that at the end of the day, when I am on the other side of the park and ready to go home, I can maintain 25 mph without beating my brains out.
I think so. Adjusted the preload and have messed with the settings a little. Took it through a field near my house with some dips and humps i hit pretty hard with no issue. I head back to WV in a few weeks so that will be the real test

S

Superthrill

Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2018
North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I think so. Adjusted the preload and have messed with the settings a little. Took it through a field near my house with some dips and humps i hit pretty hard with no issue. I head back to WV in a few weeks so that will be the real test
Great to hear!

B

Bones

Dec 10, 2017
Bourbon Mo.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've been running them now for a while. I originally bought the Fox shocks thinking they were as good as people were saying. Reality set in pretty quickly that they were not for me. The fox shocks always seemed to either bottom out on me, or ride like a railway cart with nothing in between no matter my preload setting. So I sold my fronts, and did some horse trading with Delton on the rears, and bought the 814's. I couldn't be happier. I also use mine for everything from extreme rough riding to extreme fast riding, and have no complaints. Saying they are only good to 35mph is false for me anyways, as we often ride hard at above 35 over washboard and depending on what I'm set at, they eat it up.

View attachment 89885

Which version did you buy?

K

Kolton

Oct 15, 2016
Vance, al
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Where do you actually buy the 814's?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: BWAF
B

Bennyhillclimber

Apr 28, 2019
Wathena, Ks
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Got mine on over the weekend. Not making judgement yet. However Craig at 814 is awesome. Answered all my dumb questions and easy to contact. Right now my front end seemed to get the 2” of lift that most stated. However the rear didn’t. I was told to ride it and see where it settles so that’s what I’m going to do before making an judgment. Install wasn’t bad. Few hours and mainly it’s becuae of the grinding and checking clearance. As well as getting the bolt to bolt measurement right by setting the preload can take some time.

View attachment 108487 View attachment 108488 View attachment 108489 View attachment 108490 View attachment 108491 View attachment 108492 View attachment 108493 View attachment 108494
What length of limit straps are you running
Because a lot of people are saying 19" but a stock shock is like 19-5/8" on mine fully extended

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
What length of limit straps are you running
Because a lot of people are saying 19" but a stock shock is like 19-5/8" on mine fully extended
The straps stretch under load so they need to be shorter than the stock shock fully extended.

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!