P1000 814 Shocks

D

DDDonkey

Hello all, can someone please tell me what shock goes where and what spring goes on what shock. I received my new 814 shocks from Craig and am wanting to install them today but don't know what shock is front and rear. One of the shock sets has an extended eye (1") while the other one does not. Also I am assuming that the springs ending in 350 are the front and 400 are the rear?

If anyone knows that would be great, I did call Craig yesterday but don't expect him to call until tomorrow and I am leaving for a trip (with the buggy) so I wanted to get them install today. Thanks for the help!

Reactions: BigOL3
BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hello all, can someone please tell me what shock goes where and what spring goes on what shock. I received my new 814 shocks from Craig and am wanting to install them today but don't know what shock is front and rear. One of the shock sets has an extended eye (1") while the other one does not. Also I am assuming that the springs ending in 350 are the front and 400 are the rear?correct

If anyone knows that would be great, I did call Craig yesterday but don't expect him to call until tomorrow and I am leaving for a trip (with the buggy) so I wanted to get them install today. Thanks for the help!
Good luck on getting them installed in just a few hours. IIRC, the rear lower mounts require some grinding work. The longer eye will only fit front OR back, not both of them, dont recall which one. I am not able to check it on mine at this time. They have to be mounted with the adjusting knobs DOWN.

Last edited:
BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
They have a couple of videos on the 814 site with SOME helpful info. They shoot for 18.25" eye to eye for the adjusted length. Be sure and put never-seize on the shock body before running the adjusters up.

D

DDDonkey

Thanks for the info on the springs, I know there is so grinding, now if anyone knows what one goes where?

Bradley-Thornton

Bradley-Thornton

Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hattiesburg MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Front want go on the back. But it should have paperwork telling you what is what. He also should have emailed you the info

Reactions: BigOL3
D

DDDonkey

I check but have not gotten an email other than the invoice, I will try and see what one fits where. thanks for the help!

Reactions: Bradley-Thornton
Bradley-Thornton

Bradley-Thornton

Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hattiesburg MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Rear is longer on the non adjustment end
IMG 2987

Shorter front
IMG 2993

Redone

Redone

Nov 14, 2018
wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Hey guys need to get different shocks for my 1000-3 trying to decide which ones to go with. Need to find something that will be better for my back can you tell me how you like the 814’s? Anybody know how they compare to the Elkas or fox? Any info will be appreciated

Bradley-Thornton

Bradley-Thornton

Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hattiesburg MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If you are riding trails/normal riding and like to tinker and price the 814s are the way to go.

If you ride are core, Hate to tinker and have the money the Fox or Elkas are right for you. (814 also carries a line of shocks for this just cost more)

Its 2 different type of shocks the normal 814s are made for a better ride in normal riding But if you are hitting jumps or riding 35mph hitting bumps for 10min they will get hot and want work as well as the high end shock that are made for that but the high end shock want work as well for normal driving. If you call Cory at 814 he will explain it to you.

814s are soft like real soft but it takes some playing to find the sweet spot that you like because you have so many options. Customer service is the best you can get. (But some don't want to mess with it and can live with less options)

I have the 814s and may see if anyone wants to swap at the Takeover next year so I can see the difference. Personally I'm happy with the 814s and the wife is very happy with them (Happy wife happy life)

Redone

Redone

Nov 14, 2018
wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-3
If you are riding trails/normal riding and like to tinker and price the 814s are the way to go.

If you ride are core, Hate to tinker and have the money the Fox or Elkas are right for you. (814 also carries a line of shocks for this just cost more)

Its 2 different type of shocks the normal 814s are made for a better ride in normal riding But if you are hitting jumps or riding 35mph hitting bumps for 10min they will get hot and want work as well as the high end shock that are made for that but the high end shock want work as well for normal driving. If you call Cory at 814 he will explain it to you.

814s are soft like real soft but it takes some playing to find the sweet spot that you like because you have so many options. Customer service is the best you can get. (But some don't want to mess with it and can live with less options)

I have the 814s and may see if anyone wants to swap at the Takeover next year so I can see the difference. Personally I'm happy with the 814s and the wife is very happy with them (Happy wife happy life)
Thanks alot

snide686

snide686

Oct 12, 2015
IOWA
Has anyone had luck with Walker Evans for the 1000? Sorry if I didn't see it somewhere.

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Pretty sure @Hondasxs runs them

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!