moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
At the request of @Tflynn I will document the build of my recent acquisition for a tow pig/toy hauler. Plans are to repair all the mechanics, freshen up the interior and build a custom 7ftx9ft flatbed made specifically to haul the P1k5. Today was the first real progress, installed 2 new batteries and with the coaxing of a little ether she fired off! And smelled HORRIBLE! 2 year old diesel fuel is nasty. I also replaced a frozen u joint and missing straps. Unfortunately one bolt for the u joint strap was frozen in the yoke. That is not going to be fun with no lift. Here are a few pics of what I'm beginning with and what I hope to end up with. The only thing thing the white truck does not have that mine will is a set of 4x4 square stacks. I know there are a few Ford fans that may enjoy this build.

IMG 20170411 141118524 IMG 20170411 141102840 Screenshot 20170410 212216

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Thats going to be bad ass. I'll be subscribing

(Delton) "I HATE light scratches too. Makes me think I left some fun on the table. So I go back out there and cover them up with deep scratches. Works every time lol."

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thats going to be bad ass. I'll be subscribing

(Delton) "I HATE light scratches too. Makes me think I left some fun on the table. So I go back out there and cover them up with deep scratches. Works every time lol."
I have a feeling I'll get a few haters along the way, because I really like the big rim, small sidewall look. Since I don't off road much with my trucks I'm not worried about beating up rims. I'm shooting for 6-8" lift and 38 inch tires. Thanks for following along!

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I'm not a big rim guy, but I really like these old trucks and I like flatbeds and work bodies on pick up trucks. Of course, I'm also a Ford guy and that old power stroke is pretty bad ass. I bet CP would even say that old power stroke is a pretty good motor.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Technically I'm not a Ford guy (I'll be rolling up in Pioneer TN in an expedition btw), but I am a build guy. There's alot of vehicles (including rigs on here) that have stuff on them I wouldn't get caught dead having on mine. But I have mad respect for anyone that puts that kinda time into making it their own. Love the project man! As my lil red zr2 just turned over 230k miles, may end up with something similar myself lol. Following.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a feeling I'll get a few haters along the way, because I really like the big rim, small sidewall look. Since I don't off road much with my trucks I'm not worried about beating up rims. I'm shooting for 6-8" lift and 38 inch tires. Thanks for following along!

Depends on use a preference, if it's not gonna see off-road why not put what you like it's your build.

For me it'd be 18's and 37-40" tires, tires are cheaper than 20's

I want to do pretty much what you're doing and build a tow pig. Find an old 1 Ton crew freshen it up mechanically to be reliable, get the stank out of the inside, and put a flatbed on it. Have to be a diesel.

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Depends on use a preference, if it's not gonna see off-road why not put what you like it's your build.

For me it'd be 18's and 37-40" tires, tires are cheaper than 20's

I want to do pretty much what you're doing and build a tow pig. Find an old 1 Ton crew freshen it up mechanically to be reliable, get the stank out of the inside, and put a flatbed on it. Have to be a diesel.
I'm a dodge guy all day, but the OBS Ford has been my favorite style truck since I was a kid and they were new. I've always wanted a diesel, but it has always been out of reach for me. I'm going to take full advantage of this opportunity though!

Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
I'm a dodge guy all day, but the OBS Ford has been my favorite style truck since I was a kid and they were new. I've always wanted a diesel, but it has always been out of reach for me. I'm going to take full advantage of this opportunity though!
I have to admit, I was a little surprised to see a ford. Wondering how you were going to use Mopar parts on it.

Reactions: moparornocar
moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have to admit, I was a little surprised to see a ford. Wondering how you were going to use Mopar parts on it.
Mopar is my favorite. In all fairness, I've owned 114 cars since my 16 the birthday. Just about every make except Mercedes, jaguar and the Italians.

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Next on the chopping block is the injector knock. Gotta figure out which one is bad and replace that bad boy

knuckledeep

knuckledeep

my trailer queen is trashy
Lifetime Member
Dec 16, 2015
Eustis florida
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Throw a set of performance injectors in it or drain the fuel bowl add a at of tranny fluid in the bowl then let it run for 2 Mon and shut it off and let it sit over night see if that fixes the injectors

Reactions: moparornocar
moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What does the ATF do? I was planning to just replace the injector that's bad and replace the glow plugs. I'm sure a fresh tank of fuel would go a long way toward making it run better too lol.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!