BOX1

P500 A faster P5, it is possible.....gearing increase

Celdridge1

Celdridge1

Jul 25, 2018
Markville,MN
Ownership

1. 500
Welp. Bonehead of the year (literally for the past year) award goes to yours truly. I've been using the speedodrd wrong. I didn't realize that the device is permanently connected and have been taking it off every time and plugging factory harness back in. Set it to -33.3 and works like a charm. I probably put 600mi on this thing going into limp mode. Thanks all for your support and input.
No you can join the bonehead club with me. I'm the one that put a washer that fell off in the wrong place. It resulted in locking up the system. The only way I found my mistake was after the 3rd or 4th tear down. Then it was by accident. The washer fell off and I didn't see it. I put everything back together and it worked great.Found the washer on the floor. 906 helped me identify where it came from, the reverse engaging lever. I had already bypasted that, so I wasn't about to tear the case apart again! Everything now works great! Top speed 48+.

J

Jamiericegoob

Jul 3, 2019
Paisley Ontario
Ownership

1. 500
Best mod ever need some help tho!! It's 2 years later has worked Awsome now it's saying N on dash all the time when I put in to reverse or drive allways says N would that be a speedo drd issue has any one ran into this ?

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
The 906
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Best mod ever need some help tho!! It's 2 years later has worked Awsome now it's saying N on dash all the time when I put in to reverse or drive allways says N would that be a speedo drd issue has any one ran into this ?
I don't think it would have anything to do with the mod or speedodrd, that will only affect the speedometer reading. My guess would be a failed shift angle sensor but that's just a guess.

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
The 906
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
That's what I thought as well replaced that and it didn't work Maby I have a faulty replacement one .
Try disconnecting the speedodrd and plugging the buggy harness back into the speed sensor, see if your dash cones back, it shouldn't matter but who knows

R

Ramblow

Mar 5, 2022
Michigan
Ownership

1. 520
Has anyone tried this on a 2022 p520? I’m hoping it’s the exact same as the problems everyone is talking about with the low top end and screaming rpm’s is the same as I’m experiencing. I picked up the gears and Am hoping to give this a shot this summer. Any insight is appreciated.

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
The 906
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Has anyone tried this on a 2022 p520? I’m hoping it’s the exact same as the problems everyone is talking about with the low top end and screaming rpm’s is the same as I’m experiencing. I picked up the gears and Am hoping to give this a shot this summer. Any insight is appreciated.
Should be the same, the engine/trans didn't change w the exception of the cyl bore. If you need the washer shoot me a PM w your address

NorthernJoe

NorthernJoe

Feb 10, 2021
Northern Ontario
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Should be the same, the engine/trans didn't change w the exception of the cyl bore. If you need the washer shoot me a PM w your address
This sounds like the exact same issue I have with my 700. I never use first for more than the first 3 feet, I hit the rev limiter all the time, and the noise level is about 105dB inside the cab do you think a gear change would work in the 700? down side is its only a 3 spd transmission

Reactions: Backwoods and 906UP
906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
The 906
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
This sounds like the exact same issue I have with my 700. I never use first for more than the first 3 feet, I hit the rev limiter all the time, and the noise level is about 105dB inside the cab do you think a gear change would work in the 700? down side is its only a 3 spd transmission
The 650/700 engine is a different architecture, not sure its even possible.

R

Rdrcr

Aug 16, 2022
WA
Ownership

1. 520

I'd definitely be doing this mod if I had the skill and ability!

Mike

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
The 906
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
I'd definitely be doing this mod if I had the skill and ability!

Mike
It's just nuts & bolts.....start tearing it apart 😆

The trans parts are the same for P5 & P5.2, this mod will work, just have to use the settings for the '17's & up on the SpeedoDRD.

C2Corvette1

C2Corvette1

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2023
Texas
Ownership

1. 520
Slightly older thread, but still relevant. Discovered this as I was about to order the ring gears for the P700 (45T). This would have taken the final drive ratio to 3.46 and combined with taller tires would get me where I wanted to be. Doing it further "upstream" looks a whole lot easier, not to mention not having to deal with tooth patterns and shim selection (been there, done that, on trucks and cars). Gears on order. SpeedoRD received in mail today.Thanks!

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!