P500 A little differant take on doors

iowaguy

iowaguy

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2014
Eastern Iowa
Ownership

1. Other Brand
WIN 20170107 154239 WIN 20170107 150919 WIN 20170107 143734 WIN 20170107 154259 Today I made doors out of some 1/4 plastic I had left over from making the rear seats,I don't want to take anything away from Jak ,I think the doors he makes are a great idea,I just wanted something simple and functional for me that fit inside the roll cage so I wouldn't have to worry about catching them on anything.I also didn't want them to come in contact any where on the sxs ,I can't stand rattle's and vibration, I'm not saying the doors jak makes do,I just know mine don't,I used a piano hinge, and a 3/8" chain link cut in 1/2 for the latch

JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
Iowa, nice work buddy really nice indeed! Thanks so much for sharing pix, doors look awesome and like how you integrated them into the stock latch! Machine warmer now, I'm thinking it should be noticeably better.

Thanks again for sharing.

jrc

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
View attachment 30496 View attachment 30497 View attachment 30498 View attachment 30495 Today I made doors out of some 1/4 plastic I had left over from making the rear seats,I don't want to take anything away from Jak ,I think the doors he makes are a great idea,I just wanted something simple and functional for me that fit inside the roll cage so I wouldn't have to worry about catching them on anything.I also didn't want them to come in contact any where on the sxs ,I can't stand rattle's and vibration, I'm not saying the doors jak makes do,I just know mine don't,I used a piano hinge, and a 3/8" chain link cut in 1/2 for the latch

Very cool...nice work IG. :cool:

Reactions: iowaguy
iowaguy

iowaguy

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2014
Eastern Iowa
Ownership

1. Other Brand
hey if you can build it why buy it right..
In your thread I noticed you talked about modifying your doors, and I think these might be able to accommodate the nets for those that still want to use them,if this gives you any idea's, go for it, if you don't someone else will, this is the same concept as what I have seen on Polaris Rangers,I hope you don't think I posted this thread to take anything away from your doors, you are a man of endless talents.

jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
In your thread I noticed you talked about modifying your doors, and I think these might be able to accommodate the nets for those that still want to use them,if this gives you any idea's, go for it, if you don't someone else will, this is the same concept as what I have seen on Polaris Rangers,I hope you don't think I posted this thread to take anything away from your doors, you are a man of endless talents.
no way never i love seeing what everyone comes up with.. the p5 is a blank slate for everyone

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500

That's the first thing I noticed when I looked at your doors. I think you could set up the nets. ;)

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
@iowaguy yet again nice job! That's a good idea and I really like how they sit smooth for catchless riding and should take good hits that's a very important thing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: jak9922 and iowaguy
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Nets? My daughter started taking those off directly from the dealership lol0cc44b17101e483947581d003150bbd7

Hey Iowa that would still look good cruising through the woods in Idaho especially with those doors!

iowaguy

iowaguy

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2014
Eastern Iowa
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Nets? My daughter started taking those off directly from the dealership lol0cc44b17101e483947581d003150bbd7

Hey Iowa that would still look good cruising through the woods in Idaho especially with those doors!

I know it would, Its still on my mind

Reactions: CumminsPusher
D

Deleted member 3748

lol i took my nets off on the showroom floor while i was filling out the paper work
I was thinking about getting bigger nets! My face still gets hit with branches through the gap left by the factory nets.

Reactions: trigger

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!