A little disapointed

T

Trapper

Dec 9, 2014
I joined this site 3 days ago, thinking I could get some good feed back, from current owners. I have posted 2 posts, questions and have only received 2 replies. I guess this site is not as active as I thought. I'm not leaving, just gonna look for a more active forum.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Trapper, Sorry to disappoint you. You will find that HondaSxS is not a corporate ran forum, we reply on real live owners vs. paid workers to reply to all the post. Our members are true Pioneer owners and fans from around the country. We are working men and women with full time jobs and families that can easily take priority and fill our day. We always strive to provide real world feedback and not just a fluff reply or a "like" to get you to return and take a look. Yes, maybe things are slower here, they are also on topic, calm, and respectful to everyone who chooses to be part of the community. You really couldn't ask for a better community of Honda SxS fans.

With all that said, we are always looking for individuals who may be interested in joining our team and growing the HondaSxS community brand. If you are interested just let me know and we can discuss the details and requirements.
Thanks.

T

Trapper

Dec 9, 2014
I realize all those things, I am not always available either. But I have had lots of lookers, but no one is answering. Maybe guests? I'm not whining, just really hoping for some solid feedback. I guess it really doesn't matter it is already bought. maybe you can help. do you know anything about the honda hard cab? I have read on other sites, that so much cold air comes in the cab, that the heaters are almost useless. I hope not, I paid $4000 for cab and heat so the wife is not froze in winter, If thats not the case I am going to be pretty upset. Thanks for the quick reply.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Yes, I can help you.
With the hard, soft, or really any cabs there are gaps that allow cold air to enter. A custom solution will need to be made to close them up. As for those gaps making the cab/heater useless, that's not fair to say. Expecting it to be 70deg inside when its 10 outside... well that's expecting a lot form a UTV cab. BUT... many members are finding solutions for this exact thing and with some time sealing up the holes have managed to maintain an enjoyable coat-less environment.

One of the issues with people calling is "useless" was because Honda messed up on the heater supply lines. They have corrected it for 14/15 winter season releasing a "update kit". That may be why the dealer recommended a aftermarket vs OEM. See- pioneer-700-accessories-and-modifications-f48/heater-0se01-hl3-101-instructions-t1921.html#p12196

There are several conversations and ideas here for battling the cold. I will post links here in a few.
Thanks.

T

Trapper

Dec 9, 2014
Thanks guys, this is the type of help i was hoping for.does any of these mods void warranty?

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Only concern on this would be a incorrect heater install. Let the dealer do it and your not liable.
The rest is minor things.

I

innermusic

Nov 4, 2014
hey trapper,

I can give some info on the cab temp. I do not have doors but just putting the cab roof on with the windshield provided a lot more heat. There is some draft spots for sure, but the engine heat from under the seat was more helpful than i expected. I added the heater and had the original kit and recently i had the revision done. The revision really works well and even with no doors i was warm driving around with my gal... and she loves it. I am not in sub zero temps tho. I get out in it in the teens and 20s and feel fine in light gloves. In the 30s i dont need gloves at all... and like i said, no doors at all. I also saw a small 12volt heater at harbor freight that could be set anywhere if she wants more heat. It was only $15. if you are in really cold country, you can also get a 12volt electric seat pad online or at walmart for $20.

From what i have heard, both the hard and soft doors have gaps that some chase down and others find no problem with, plus there are gaps in the levers and steering, but i really am warm inside and to me its just the occasional side wind gust that might bother someone in colder weather. I do feel gusts with no doors but i stay warm with that heater going. The vents install on the lower side of the dash giving two for the legs and two about thigh high. I think if you have any type of doors, you will have plenty of heat without having to close the gaps. My gal loves it so much she asks to go out in it at night year round even in the cold anytime we can.

T

Trapper

Dec 9, 2014
inner music, that sounds great. I'm in MD, so its 75 one day 25 the next, but we have very little sub-zero temps. avg. night i would say is 15-25. i guess those guys are in areas far colder than this.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Trapper, apologies for the slow responses. I know I have been overly busy with work trying to get far enough ahead I can take off for the holidays.

The soft cab doors are great, I'm in Central Alabama so our weather is bipolar being mid 70s one week and 20's and 30's the next. I didn't want the extra expense of the solid doors were going to prevent me from easily opening it up for cooking.

it's not an automotive cab so it's not sealed exceptionally well if really at all there are gaps and opening you will want to seal. The colder the climate or duster the terrain the more you will want to seal these gaps.

I used black/grey pipe insulation to plug the holes and fill the gaps. The soft doors sealed really well considering. I have a heater that I mainly use as a defroster as the glass windshield fogs bad if you've got it sealed as well as you can and I added a $15 washer kit from Amazon filler with de-icer so it won't freeze and I can get the mud off.

The heat from the engine was great at first but when I sealed the gaps it wasn't as effective at providing that extra boost. Especially after I wrapped my exhaust. ( which helped considerably with in cab noise)

I have a summit racing heater and in 20-40F it is hot enough to run me out of the cab. I usually unzip the top of the windows and take my jacket and gloves off.

If you're not in a dusty environment leave the gaps and crank the heater up! Should have enough outside airflow to help with the defrost and keep you and the lady comfy.

Finkleshtine

Finkleshtine

Lifetime Member
Nov 4, 2014
Windsor, CA
Hey trapper,
I hope you get some more replies. As far as the cab heat goes, I can't add any helpful advice as I have no cab on mine. I know that getting everything sealed can be a task, but that is with anything like that. My YJ probably has more air leaks than my quad!
This link will be your best list of new pioneer mods: general-pioneer-700-discussion-f47/honda-pioneer-700-common-questions-topics-t1355.html
I know that allot of the time I just look at a post and don't reply, it's because either I'm wondering the same question myself, or I'm just not sure if what I have to add would steer the person in the right or wrong direction.
Anyways, I hope it gets better and you have a great time on your Pioneer! ...and I sure hope your wife gets the heat she wants! I think someone added a small heater to the floorboard area... I'll have to look for that post, it could have been a small oven now that I think about it...

J

jjones0928

Dec 6, 2014
Monroe, Georgia
I am new too. I have to say I am more than impressed with the response I see to this post. This is a class group. I am glad to be here. Learning a lot.

I

innermusic

Nov 4, 2014
trapper, you are in maryland? I am in the blue ridge mountains of virginia. Its 27 degrees right now and not too cold for a night ride. I think you are gonna have a lot of fun. I think we run similar temps

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!