About to Enter the Pioneer 1000-5 World

JMynes

JMynes

Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2021
Augusta, Maine
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am purchasing a Pioneer 1000-5 as soon as I decide what critical options to add.
You’re doing it wrong. Get the Pioneer first, as they can be hard to come by. Then worry about options later.
Add the options yourself. Having the dealer do it limits you to what they offer, and the service chimps out back are not always the sharpest tool for the job.

S

Scott2742

Jun 21, 2022
Ownership

1. Looking to buy

2. 1000-5
Skid plate is the very first addition I made on my 2nd pioneer. Hillbilly brake and throttle max was 3rd and 4th. Then winch, aux battery with isolator, vent line extension, light bar, reverse lights, and fan override. If you get extended warranty, remember Honda doesn’t like to see a snorkel when filing warranty claims. I don’t like snorkels because I’m smart enough to know it’s not meant to be a boat, but to each their own. Btw, roof and windshield were put on at the dealer.
Thank you Coleman4868!

Soaz1000

Soaz1000

Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2018
Soaz
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sounds like a quality skid plate is #1, a windshield #2, a hard plastic roof #3, a winch #4. What are your opinions on a second battery kit? What recommendations other than the first 4? Am I on the right track?
I had the roof and superatv windshield installed at the dealer before I picked up the machine also. You'll ride with the windshield open most of the time in warmer months. But when it cools down or the weather takes a turn its nice to be able to close it.
Your starting out with a good machine you have many options to personalize it to your needs. Mines a 18 and I'm still tinkering with it and having fun doing it. I've learned alot of stuff since I joined this forum, lots of knowledgeable folks here.

S

Scott2742

Jun 21, 2022
Ownership

1. Looking to buy

2. 1000-5
I had the roof and superatv windshield installed at the dealer before I picked up the machine also. You'll ride with the windshield open most of the time in warmer months. But when it cools down or the weather takes a turn its nice to be able to close it.
Your starting out with a good machine you have many options to personalize it to your needs. Mines a 18 and I'm still tinkering with it and having fun doing it. I've learned alot of stuff since I joined this forum, lots of knowledgeable folks here.
Thank you for your input, Soaz1000! I'm trying to minimize the cost on the "out the door" price with the weird charges that are assessed like delivery fees and "surcharges." For example, if I was going to buy a skid plate I'd probably have the dealership put it on, while the roof and windshield could be put on by me and my son (theoretically). I'd love to have the Pioneer "street legal" off the lot so I could get the paperwork ready for MVD.

Reactions: Rayger143
Bayouownbeer

Bayouownbeer

Lifetime Member
Jun 3, 2014
Chauvin LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If you need a snorkel you need extended vent lines.

@Bayouownbeer
Send me PM for 5$ off eBay prices also no tax. The 5$ applied with direct payment using PayPal, Venmo, cash app or Facebook pay. This is the kit thousands of members have used. Includes everything needed to extend all 6 vents with black tubing. No sourcing out parts or multiple trips to the hardware. This includes first class USPS shipping. Instructions and tracking will be emailed. For faster shipping please Inquire it’s $3 extra

Screen shot Reviews on my page in the feed

https://m.facebook.com/Hondapioneer1000seatheatsolutions/

Vent extension kit without filters recommended for 5 seater. Filters not needed your preference. Simple hour install. Great piece of mind knowing your covered.

“The Original” Honda Pioneer 1000/700/500 & Talon Vent Ext. Kit Without filters | eBay

With filters recommended for 3 seater pioneers and the Talon unless you drill three 1/4” holes to put the ends of the tubing into. If you don’t heavy mud you can use the kit without filters and simply turn the ends down 90 degrees.

“The Original” Honda Pioneer 1000/700/500 & Talon Vent Ext. Kit. With filters | eBay

C

Commander

Aug 28, 2022
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just bought a 2022 Pioneer 1000 5 drove 225 miles one way to get it well worth the drive .I have 25 miles on it a love the machine .They are very hard to get here in NC found one at a dealer in SC. Put talon wheels and tires on it.
IMG 20220828 115150

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Just bought a 2022 Pioneer 1000 5 drove 225 miles one way to get it well worth the drive .I have 25 miles on it a love the machine .They are very hard to get here in NC found one at a dealer in SC. Put talon wheels and tires on it.View attachment 351228

Congrats! Now take a few dollars and buy yourself a new camera! LOL. J/K.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
In Arizona, first up - 1/2" skid. Be sitting down when you price them. :oops: I recommend one that wraps up the sides, under the doors. I've seen some real damage posted here and the side frame tubes get beat to s***. :eek:

Unless you ride at night, I don't see any reason for a light bar. If you get caught out after dark accidentally, just drive slowly back to pavement. (wish we could 'plate' here. :()

Winch - if you ride alone, that's yer backup plan. If you ride with others, a 20 foot kinetic rope is enough. As a solo rider, I asked that a winch be installed before I picked up my Talon and didn't use it until a few weeks ago (2-1/2 years) but that showed me that a winch needs a second battery, it really pulled down my starting battery.

As already mentioned, my SATV flip up windshield spends 95% of its time up but when it's chilly in the morning or I get caught out in the rain, I'm glad to have it. 😍

Post up lots of pics from the desert, I'm a desert rat at heart and love Utah/Arizona (many of us do). The only bad part about AZ - my BIL lives there. 👎

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome to the team from SD.

lots of good info so far, but I would challenge you to think about the type of riding you want to do, and what your comfort level for hot or cold will be truthfully as it will have a big impact on the whole windshield / cab debate.

As long as you know that you are essentially sitting on top of a hot motor…and that windshield equals dust when down, you can make some decisions on your approach.

Use the search function to research! High probability that your questions have been answered many times over…after all the P1k5 has been around since 2016…

J80

J80

Lifetime Member
Dec 29, 2018
WNC
Just bought a 2022 Pioneer 1000 5 drove 225 miles one way to get it well worth the drive .I have 25 miles on it a love the machine .They are very hard to get here in NC found one at a dealer in SC. Put talon wheels and tires on it.View attachment 351228
Hell that thing looks better blurry 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣nomo

Tie

Tie

Jun 5, 2022
Toronto
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Can a dealership prep the UTV for street + road-readiness, or is cheaper to buy the various mods and do it myself?
Greetings Scott, I am sure you can get the dealership to do it for you, but the real challenge (fun) is doing it yourself. It could be a challenge depending on how handy you are, but this will be your "creation"! There is a huge amount of expertise and help available on this site, fantastic people willing to help!
Welcome aboard,
Tie

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Greetings Scott, I am sure you can get the dealership to do it for you, but the real challenge (fun) is doing it yourself. It could be a challenge depending on how handy you are, but this will be your "creation"! There is a huge amount of expertise and help available on this site, fantastic people willing to help!
Welcome aboard,
Tie
Might want to PM your Post, he might get an email. He hasnt been on In 6months. Nor has he provided pics of the machine he said that he would of.. see post #16

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!