HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
There are trailer manufacturers in many states and dealers on dozens of corners in most towns so there are many to choose from.

I bought a Big Tex 35SA from a nearby local dealer here in WV. I had owned a previous Big Tex trailer that was well-built, durable, and sold for what I paid for it after 20 years of ownership thanks to inflation.

Big Tex offers the 35SA in 10', 12', or 14' lengths. I bought the 10' model because I store it inside my garage and wanted to minimize the space. A 12' would be better if I was routinely towing the Pioneer for weekend events but 10' is an adequate minimum. The Big Tex 35SA is 6 and one half feet 77" wide. A 6' trailer would be frustrating to use.

IMG 2015

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
You guys and your single axel trailers for big stuff like P1’s. P7’s ehhh P5’s no problem.
When you get a flat on the EWay on the trailer @70+ and that high top and heavy machine, god help you! Ive seen on 127 with a Poo Poo Ranger on the back, wast pretty blocked both lanes. But to each his own. Do what you got to do.
Kinda like the SRW 6-1/2’ 3/4 ton truck pulling the tri axel 48’ TH 5er!
Looks good from my house! 🥳
What do I know, Im just a white Guitar player! 🤪

Heres my POIDH 16’ tandem with electric brakes, easy on the truck brakes with that load too! Still under capacity with that log splitter on there
Tip: never ever load close to capacity, you just asking for it when the time comes.
Just the tip! NoHmo
IMG 5227

HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
I don't disagree but at this stage of my life (old age) my priorities are different. A flat tire on my utility trailer is of no concern now.

I've owned pickups since 1968 and aa Dodge-Cummins dually since 2001.

I sold my 2008 Dodge Cummins dually cab and chassis flatbed and a 26' tandem axle ramp trailer to an old friend back in Texas two years ago.

My little Big Tex has a bracket for mounting a spare wheel and tire. I've never bought one because I rarely use the trailer.

Tom_C

Tom_C

Jul 17, 2021
Virginia, USA
Ownership

1. 500
I just went thru this for my Honda 700, and settled on a Karavan 6.8 x 13 trailer. I love the drop sides, and at 80" it's wide enough I can walk around it while loaded.

View attachment 410544 View attachment 410545

Agreed. After having 2 trailers that were too small, my recommendation is to go bigger than you think you need, cause you will need bigger eventually, as long as you have room to store it. What's the saying? Buy once, cry once?

I just bought a Karavan 5.5x9 (I have a P5) and I am impressed with it. I don't like the plastic fenders though. After having it for a little while now, I think it's a solid trailer. We'll see how the clamp mechanisms hold up for the folding bed sides, but the fact they fold is nice.

If I had the room I would have gotten a 6x10 or 6x12. The nice thing about the smaller ones is you can pull them around by hand, but you guys with bigger buggies don't have that option.

Reactions: NTCPrezJB
Jankyeye

Jankyeye

Lifetime Member
Dec 17, 2021
Tampa, Fl.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This is a 7x10, bought to be able to pull it behind the buggy to haul goose decoys/blinds etc.. Turns out I never really needed to do that. It only weighs 650lbs and can be man handled around the yard fairly easy and has a 2300lb load capacity. But if I had it to do over I would have bought a 12’ (storage limitations) tandem axle.

IMG 5098

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
For those driving small trucks/suv I agree. My trailer sits so low to the ground anyway I doubt the 8500 lb diesel would even notice lol
Id say it would not fo sho! Lol

• Haha
E

eolesen

Oct 29, 2023
People's Republic of Illinois
Ownership

1. 700-4
If I had the room I would have gotten a 6x10 or 6x12. The nice thing about the smaller ones is you can pull them around by hand, but you guys with bigger buggies don't have that option.

And that's why I just put a hitch ball on the front of my 700. The 13-footer is just a little bit too much to move by hand....

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I don't have a P1k but went through the same thing with a P5. Brought it home on an old snowmobile trailer and quickly realized I needed something bigger. Bought a 6x10 from TSC and it fit much better, worked great but ended up selling it and going enclosed. They obviously cost more up front but buy once cry once, they have their advantages.

Reactions: Mopower58 and Coeus
messex

messex

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 1, 2024
Tryon, NC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Get the circled one not the ❌’d one and it will fit easy peasy. Towing it with a Sienna…not necessarily recommended. It was a 90 minute trip pretty much all expressway. It worked but I wouldn’t do it with any hill’s between the start and end points.

View attachment 410455
Maybe a stupid question, but did you have your own 'ramps' to get it on that trailer? I'm looking to pick a 1000-5 up from a dealer about 90 miles away and don't currently own a trailer, and figured I would just rent one for the day, and get it home, and figure out a longer term hauling solution. Without reading this post, I probably would have go the 6x12 WITH Ramp, but see that it won't fit, so just wondering. I was going to ask the dealer if they had ramps - just wondering what you did. Thanks for the picture! Very clear and helpful!

HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Maybe a stupid question, but did you have your own 'ramps' to get it on that trailer? I'm looking to pick a 1000-5 up from a dealer about 90 miles away and don't currently own a trailer, and figured I would just rent one for the day, and get it home, and figure out a longer term hauling solution. Without reading this post, I probably would have go the 6x12 WITH Ramp, but see that it won't fit, so just wondering. I was going to ask the dealer if they had ramps - just wondering what you did. Thanks for the picture! Very clear and helpful!
If you don't own a trailer and want one only to bring your new Pioneer home why not ask the dealer about delivery?

When I bought mine in December 2020 or January of 2021 if my memory is accurate, dealers were offering free delivery as a Honda incentive. That incentive is probably not available now in this weak economy and poor sales climate but dealers always have pick-up and delivery service available.

Your dealer might provide delivery as part of the purchase agreement or for a modest fee.

messex

messex

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 1, 2024
Tryon, NC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If you don't own a trailer and want one only to bring your new Pioneer home why not ask the dealer about delivery?

When I bought mine in December 2020 or January of 2021 if my memory is accurate, dealers were offering free delivery as a Honda incentive. That incentive is probably not available now in this weak economy and poor sales climate but dealers always have pick-up and delivery service available.

Your dealer might provide delivery as part of the purchase agreement or for a modest fee.
Thanks - the dealer is 90 miles away, but doesn't hurt to ask! I'll see what they say. Thanks!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!