GovtMule

GovtMule

NTC’s SoA, Chief Sarcasm Officer-Self Appointed
Lifetime Member
May 19, 2021
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Maybe a stupid question, but did you have your own 'ramps' to get it on that trailer? I'm looking to pick a 1000-5 up from a dealer about 90 miles away and don't currently own a trailer, and figured I would just rent one for the day, and get it home, and figure out a longer term hauling solution. Without reading this post, I probably would have go the 6x12 WITH Ramp, but see that it won't fit, so just wondering. I was going to ask the dealer if they had ramps - just wondering what you did. Thanks for the picture! Very clear and helpful!
I feel like you could get it on the trailer without a ramp…but I may be wrong. Dif lock it and drive it right on.

messex

messex

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 1, 2024
Tryon, NC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My dealer was 150 - 180 miles from my home.

I feel like you could get it on the trailer without a ramp…but I may be wrong. Dif lock it and drive it right on.
Well, I did think about that, but wasn't sure if my 'first experience' should be me bulldozing it on. I've seen too many Youtube videos of that going wrong! I also heard the throttle takes a little getting used to! :) BTW, worked it out with the dealer - they are going to deliver it, so I have a bit more time to figure out my long term trailer options.

Dirtstiffs-1000

Dirtstiffs-1000

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Nov 3, 2018
Republican from the wet side of Oregonifornia
hondasxs.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
7 ' x 14' Eagle Iron trailer w/ stowable ramps.
3500 lb Dexter Axle.
**Added 225 - 15 load rated trailer tires. ***DEXTER ELECTRIC BRAKES.
Easy install, 100% improvement to Towability and Safety. JMO.
20190518 111413

Last edited:
Sparky69

Sparky69

Feb 26, 2019
North Cascades - Washington
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Nice Rumble Bee and a great color. Nice trailer too. I just have an old steel 6.5 x 12 with wood floors that we use for just about everything. Even pull it behind the P1K-3.View attachment 410488
Thank you. I did not want the slower color... Like your ride too
Nice Rumble Bee and a great color. Nice trailer too. I just have an old steel 6.5 x 12 with wood floors that we use for just about everything. Even pull it behind the P1K-3.View attachment 410488

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Maybe a stupid question, but did you have your own 'ramps' to get it on that trailer? I'm looking to pick a 1000-5 up from a dealer about 90 miles away and don't currently own a trailer, and figured I would just rent one for the day, and get it home, and figure out a longer term hauling solution. Without reading this post, I probably would have go the 6x12 WITH Ramp, but see that it won't fit, so just wondering. I was going to ask the dealer if they had ramps - just wondering what you did. Thanks for the picture! Very clear and helpful!
I do have ramps rated for the SxS but I didn’t use them with this UHaul trailer. I set the brake/parking brake in the Sienna. I made certain the trailer was locked onto the ball. I put the P1K5 in i4wd and low range first gear. Lined up to the trailer. Touched the tires to the gate and gave it a bump of throttle. Pulled the rear tires to the gate and gave it another small bump of throttle. No trouble whatsoever.

Some of this size Uhaul trailers have jacks and others don’t. I prefer the jack and I drop it down while initially loading. Obviously raise it up and move the SxS forward/back to get your tongue weight.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!