About to Enter the Pioneer 1000-5 World

S

Scott2742

Jun 21, 2022
Ownership

1. Looking to buy

2. 1000-5
Greetings everyone. I am purchasing a Pioneer 1000-5 as soon as I decide what critical options to add. I know a roof and a windshield are essentials, but what else do you recommend I have added? A winch? A second battery? Light bars? All the necessary items to make the SxS street legal in Arizona?
Thanks for your help!

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Greetings everyone. I am purchasing a Pioneer 1000-5 as soon as I decide what critical options to add. I know a roof and a windshield are essentials, but what else do you recommend I have added? A winch? A second battery? Light bars? All the necessary items to make the SxS street legal in Arizona?
Thanks for your help!
Welcome from NW Arkansas! You are over looking the very most important mod, that is a real skid plate, don't spend a penny until you have a 1/2 inch plastic skid on the way. Some of the LE's come with aluminum and that will get you by for a while.

S

Scott2742

Jun 21, 2022
Ownership

1. Looking to buy

2. 1000-5
Welcome from NW Arkansas! You are over looking the very most important mod, that is a real skid plate, don't spend a penny until you have a 1/2 inch plastic skid on the way. Some of the LE's come with aluminum and that will get you by for a while.
Thank you - it's a new #1 on my list!

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Snorkel? Help!
read this

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Snorkel? Help!
And this. post #16 is the kit

Soaz1000

Soaz1000

Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2018
Soaz
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome from Southern AZ. I would agree getting a good skid plate is a priority. There's lots of places you can ride till you get one, just don't get carried away. Lighted license plate holder ,horn and mirror will get you street legal. You can add turn signals later if you want. I don't have them I use hand signals. I also don't drive on pavement much after dark and I don't live where there's heavy traffic. I did vent the gas tank and sub trans. I have no desire to get my chonies wet.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Thanks for your help!

Welcome. Definitely want a winch just in case, street legal kit DIY install. If you're going to get into rocks say volleyball size on up definitely recommend full UHMW skid plate and A-arm guards, best I found are from Factory UTV.

You can get most everything you need from the club store here:

Skid-plate here: Honda Pioneer 1000 Ultimate UHMW Skid Plate Kit - Factory UTV -

Probably be a few weeks before things start shipping again.

Be sure and share pictures of your new ride when you get it.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome to the forum.
Pics or it didn’t happen!
Red is the fastest color!

And…the best way to become a millionaire is to start out a billionaire and ask the forum members what upgrades you need for your new SxS!

#NTC

S

Scott2742

Jun 21, 2022
Ownership

1. Looking to buy

2. 1000-5
Welcome from Southern AZ. I would agree getting a good skid plate is a priority. There's lots of places you can ride till you get one, just don't get carried away. Lighted license plate holder ,horn and mirror will get you street legal. You can add turn signals later if you want. I don't have them I use hand signals. I also don't drive on pavement much after dark and I don't live where there's heavy traffic. I did vent the gas tank and sub trans. I have no desire to get my chonies wet.
Sounds like a quality skid plate is #1, a windshield #2, a hard plastic roof #3, a winch #4. What are your opinions on a second battery kit? What recommendations other than the first 4? Am I on the right track?

C

coleman4868

Thanks for your help!
Skid plate is the very first addition I made on my 2nd pioneer. Hillbilly brake and throttle max was 3rd and 4th. Then winch, aux battery with isolator, vent line extension, light bar, reverse lights, and fan override. If you get extended warranty, remember Honda doesn’t like to see a snorkel when filing warranty claims. I don’t like snorkels because I’m smart enough to know it’s not meant to be a boat, but to each their own. Btw, roof and windshield were put on at the dealer.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!