President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey everyone,

2023 pioneer 1000 3 seater. What’s the minimum sized trailer ($) required?
I believe 6’x10’ is the minimum for a stock machine.

A tailgate extender I don’t think would fit with a rear ramp gate on that 6’x10’ trailer. So, either don’t plan on that or a 12’ trailer is your minimum.

UHaul rents a 6’x12’ for $35/day. I’d recommend hauling your machine to wherever you are buying your trailer and make sure it fits. Also make sure the tongue weight on your planned tow vehicle looks good if you are trying to get as small as possible because you won’t be able to adjust forward and backwards much at all with that 10’-er.

Just one man’s opinion.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Hey everyone,

2023 pioneer 1000 3 seater. What’s the minimum sized trailer ($) required?
Dont do a minimum, youll regret it. You will wish you went bigger for other reasons. Also, for that size of a rig, you dont want to cram the thing in the smallest trailer you can get it on. Only cuz of its weight and yoy have to think of the safety of stoping it. I would go with some type of tandem axel trailer for a P1.
Some have done singles but there just asking for it when it happens IMO. Mine is a 16’ tandem but i also use it for many other things. But I like that size for my P1 or my Talon.
Also, use the search up top for this as we always say. Theres tons of resources especially for this topic.
Example and its just the tip!
NoHmo😏
IMG 7928

CJQuig

CJQuig

Lifetime Member
Nov 21, 2023
St Johns, Nl, Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3

A tailgate extender I don’t think would fit with a rear ramp gate on that 6’x10’ trailer. So, either don’t plan on that or a 12’ trailer is your minimum.

UHaul rents a 6’x12’ for $35/day. I’d recommend hauling your machine to wherever you are buying your trailer and make sure it fits. Also make sure the tongue weight on your planned tow vehicle looks good if you are trying to get as small as possible because you won’t be able to adjust forward and backwards much at all with that 10’-er.

Just one man’s opinion.
U haul's 6x12 trailers will not fit Hona 1000, I tried and learned the hard way, the ramp into the trailer is too narrow, it is less than 6 ft

CJQuig

CJQuig

Lifetime Member
Nov 21, 2023
St Johns, Nl, Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3
@NTCPrezJB do you by chance have a picture of a 1000 on a uhaul trailer?
No, I couldn't get the bike on it, I had to use the dealers trailer to get the pioneer to my house. Uhaul is terrible to deal with, I explained to the lady what I needed it for, 6x12 with ramp. She never told me that the entrance to the bed is less than 6 Ft.

I found out as I was trying to drive the pioneer 1000 up the trailer ramp, the front wheels hit both sides...

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Get the circled one not the ❌’d one and it will fit easy peasy. Towing it with a Sienna…not necessarily recommended. It was a 90 minute trip pretty much all expressway. It worked but I wouldn’t do it with any hill’s between the start and end points.

IMG 4760

DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X

Just one man’s opinion.
agree - I had a p3 and 10'x6' trailer with ramp, it fit, it was fine, no extra room

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!