P1000 Absolutely happy

O2bsmitty

O2bsmitty

Mar 29, 2018
Illinois
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Absolutely love the P1k5. So glad I let ya all talk me into the pioneer. Lol. This thing is an awesome overall machine. Still trying to get use to the throttle, kinda jerky on take off and the transmission shifting is getting smoother. Had a rattle (something loose) that I couldn't find. Took it to the local Honda shop for the first service and they found 2 missing bolts in the front of the bed somewhere. Other than the bolts the service guy says this is one of the better ones he has serviced from a different dealership. After a good warm day of riding I believe I'm gonna add some kind of fan under the seat and some insulation. Heat isn't bad, a hell of a lot better than the other brand I have been on but think it could be better. Again thanks for all the guidance and advice from everyone on here. Super happy pioneer owner here.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Absolutely love the P1k5. So glad I let ya all talk me into the pioneer. Lol. This thing is an awesome overall machine. Still trying to get use to the throttle, kinda jerky on take off and the transmission shifting is getting smoother. Had a rattle (something loose) that I couldn't find. Took it to the local Honda shop for the first service and they found 2 missing bolts in the front of the bed somewhere. Other than the bolts the service guy says this is one of the better ones he has serviced from a different dealership. After a good warm day of riding I believe I'm gonna add some kind of fan under the seat and some insulation. Heat isn't bad, a hell of a lot better than the other brand I have been on but think it could be better. Again thanks for all the guidance and advice from everyone on here. Super happy pioneer owner here.
Thats good to hear! Honda did a great job of sorting the issues out, clutches and heat, took them a while though! Looked at a Textron Havoc a few weeks ago, really liked the lay out, makes the P1 look small, Im sticking with my P1!

O2bsmitty

O2bsmitty

Mar 29, 2018
Illinois
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
At first I didn't like loosing the bed to the seats but after around 20$ and some extra parts laying around the garage I built a tailgate extender and it's definitely better than the 60' wheelbase (lol) other brands.

Reactions: Plumber32 and BWAF
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
At first I didn't like loosing the bed to the seats but after around 20$ and some extra parts laying around the garage I built a tailgate extender and it's definitely better than the 60' wheelbase (lol) other brands.
What kind of trails you have around there? If I get another one, it will probably be a P1 with no rear seats. I've had mine since 8/16 and have 1400 miles on it all trail and yard miles.

Reactions: BWAF
O2bsmitty

O2bsmitty

Mar 29, 2018
Illinois
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
What kind of trails you have around there?
There are a couple parks. Hillbilly ranch and south fork are the local ones but we mostly have just been road riding to the river and just cruising. Have a few trails at the farm but crops are in so they are limited.

Reactions: elkguide and BWAF
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
There are a couple parks. Hillbilly ranch and south fork are the local ones but we mostly have just been road riding to the river and just cruising. Have a few trails at the farm but crops are in so they are limited.
I have some close friends that are fruit farmers, they got hit with the quadruple whammy this year, no peaches, grapes and apples hammered, it's the pits!

Reactions: Plumber32 and BWAF
D

dilligaff82

Jan 24, 2017
New Hampshire
Ownership

1. 1000-5
To combat the touchy throttle I thought about investing in a Throttle Maxx, but I’ve gotten myself into the habit of kind of bracing the side of my foot against the hump in the middle. So far that’s worked well enough for me.
As for the rattles, my machine had a few when I first got it. After adjusting the rubber stops on the doors and the latches on the bed it’s nice and quiet.

Reactions: Tuco69 and BWAF

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!