P1000m5 Adam490's Short Bus

HondaRed16

HondaRed16

Oct 27, 2018
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I couldn't pull it off by pushing on it or pulling on it, but I ran a ziptie around the mount just in case.

Alrighty then.
How did you run the coax and what did you do with the slack?

FYI, if you don't know...It doesn't like to be coiled.
As a suggestion, you might try one of those little stick on circular pieces you get with the magnetic cell phone dash mounts and maybe put it there by the mp3 player or in that area.

Reactions: BWAF
Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Alrighty then.
How did you run the coax and what did you do with the slack?

FYI, if you don't know...It doesn't like to be coiled.
As a suggestion, you might try one of those little stick on circular pieces you get with the magnetic cell phone dash mounts and maybe put it there by the mp3 player or in that area.
Didn't know that about the coax; I ran it from the front bumper, through front grille, then up through the hood and under the dash then out between the two plastic pieces near the steering column. There is a ton of slack just sitting under the hood right now along with the power wires. Got a few more wires to run from some pod lights before I get everything swapped over to the fuse block. What's a good method to deal with the extra coax if it doesn't like to be coiled?

Reactions: BWAF and Bad_bowtie
HondaRed16

HondaRed16

Oct 27, 2018
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Didn't know that about the coax; I ran it from the front bumper, through front grille, then up through the hood and under the dash then out between the two plastic pieces near the steering column. There is a ton of slack just sitting under the hood right now along with the power wires. Got a few more wires to run from some pod lights before I get everything swapped over to the fuse block. What's a good method to deal with the extra coax if it doesn't like to be coiled?

How much do you have?
I'd probably run it around the hood area a couple of times, maybe zig zag back & forth, you can just lay on top of other stuff in-case you need to move it to work on an item. I would also not zip tie it to electrical if it were me. Just don't coil it in a tight circle (which is what most people do).

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Got my fuse block wired in and my power ran for the TYT. Had the TYT radio on while I went and picked up the neighborhood Christmas decorations from the entrances and halfway across the 'hood I heard "HEEEEYYYYYOOOOOOOO YA DERE????" and it scared the s*** out of me! Volume was all the way up and I wasn't expecting to hear anything, lol. Going to hook up the programming cable in the morning and load the channels (thanks @Ragnar406).

H6b rJoZfaPYOmb4K9BmjFN3TTOJRvFivyKNzcUXPzWG I3YaWdzYT7zSFtVqBdbKpdotYLTGQ3klmY 5iow883 h662 no

HondaRed16

HondaRed16

Oct 27, 2018
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Got my fuse block wired in and my power ran for the TYT. Had the TYT radio on while I went and picked up the neighborhood Christmas decorations from the entrances and halfway across the 'hood I heard "HEEEEYYYYYOOOOOOOO YA DERE????" and it scared the s*** out of me! Volume was all the way up and I wasn't expecting to hear anything, lol. Going to hook up the programming cable in the morning and load the channels (thanks @Ragnar406).

View attachment 174281

LOL, that’s actually pretty funny

So you didn’t get to test/play with it on your ride today?

I’m interested in that channel list if someone would be so kind to send it please.

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
LOL, that’s actually pretty funny

So you didn’t get to test/play with it on your ride today?

I’m interested in that channel list if someone would be so kind to send it please.
Not yet, I've got a few cheap hand-held walkies to try it out with today. I'll send you the info Ragnar sent me in a PM in a bit

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Thinking about using the push rivet all the way around. I've got a bag of them from replacing old ones on the Civic. They are a tad longer and fit really tight. I broke the Pioneer clip trying to force it in the same spot. I cut off a little more than half an inch off the hinge side to make it sit flush on the outer edge.

IMG 20200110 204534

IMG 20200110 204606

HondaRed16

HondaRed16

Oct 27, 2018
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thinking about using the push rivet all the way around. I've got a bag of them from replacing old ones on the Civic. They are a tad longer and fit really tight. I broke the Pioneer clip trying to force it in the same spot. I cut off a little more than half an inch off the hinge side to make it sit flush on the outer edge.

View attachment 175897
View attachment 175899

Real clean.
I've been wondering why no one had found a way to take up that gap on the right side or find a way to deal with it.
I have wanted to do this mod but haven't because of the gap.

Thanks man,

Reactions: TripleB and Adam490
Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Got the springs on and they feel so much better than the progressive Fox springs. Need to get out on some trails to figure out where I want the preload, but so far they feel a lot better. Tried 4 different spring compressors before I just gave up and went to the old hillbilly spring compressor. The progressive springs were coiled too tight to get the compressors to work without destroying the plastic spacer they ride on.
IMG 20200111 150421

IMG 20200111 145255

IMG 20200111 170142

IMG 20200111 170151

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Got the springs on and they feel so much better than the progressive Fox springs. Need to get out on some trails to figure out where I want the preload, but so far they feel a lot better. Tried 4 different spring compressors before I just gave up and went to the old hillbilly spring compressor. The progressive springs were coiled too tight to get the compressors to work without destroying the plastic spacer they ride on.
View attachment 176060
View attachment 176061
View attachment 176062
View attachment 176063
This is the way to do it. I've told several people of this method.

Were you able to do this by yourself?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!